Chapter 10

'What?' Rose says.

'Oh my god I knew I recognised you.' Alice comments.

'Get him the message please.' Elena says before moving towards the kitchen with Rose at her heels. I listened in from where I stood.

'What are you doing?' Rose demands.

'I'm getting Klaus's attention.' Well no shit Sherlock.

'If Klaus knows that you are alive, he will find you and he will kill you. But that's what you wanted all along, isn't it?' Rose realises.

'It's either me or my family.' Great martyr Elena making a comeback.

'So this whole thing was just a suicide mission, so that you could sacrifice yourself and save everyone else.' Alice goes to talk to Elena.

'Cody is on his way and he really wants to meet you.'

I spoke lowly so that only Rose could hear me. 'Rose I know you can hear me, I'm going to go call Damon.' I walk out of the apartment and call Damon.

'Not a good time Jaybird.' He says when he answers.

'Don't be mad at me DayDay.' I say.

'What is it?' He asks, suspicious.

'You need to get to Richmond, right now.' I tell him.

'Tell me, now.' He demands.

'We came to find Slater with Rose because Elena wanted more info on Klaus but as it turns out she actually wants to turn herself over to him to save everyone else. She contacted a vamp who knows Klaus called Cody, he's on his way now. I'm sorry Damon, I swear I didn't know. Just get here.' I told him.

'I know, Elena's an idiot, I'm on my way.' He hung up and I sighed walking back inside. Rose looked at me and tapped her ear to let me know that she had been listening, I nodded and then lay down on the couch, waiting for Damon to appear.

He eventually showed, startling Elena. 'What are you doing here?' He asked her.

'What are you doing here?' She mimicked back to him.

'I called him here to try and stop your little suicide mission.' I called from the couch.

'I thought you understood.' Elena glared at me.

'Oh I do, I just think it's also incredibly stupid and that there are other options so I called someone who can hopefully stop you from doing any more stupid things today.'

'Oh my god Damon Salvatore.' Alice pipes up.

'Get rid of her.' Damon says to Rose who takes her out. 'Come on we're leaving.' Finally.

'No.' Jesus Elena just do as he says for once.

'I said we're leaving.' He told her firmly.

'I'm not going with you.' Great stubborn Elena, what fun.

'You do not get to make decisions anymore.' Damon states. Ah there's a good idea.

'When have I ever made a decision? You and Stefan do that for me. Now this, this is my decision.' Elena is determined and though she sort of has a point if all of her decisions are this stupid then I don't blame them for not letting her make any.

'Who's going to save your life while you are out there making decisions, hmm?'

'You are not listening to me Damon, I do not want to be saved. Not if it means that Klaus is gonna kill every single person that I love.' Great speech, I give it a solid seven.

'Get your ass out that door before I throw you over my shoulder and carry you out myself.' But that is definitely a nine. He grips her arms and she struggles.

'No.' She tries to throw a punch at him but he catches her fist and uses the leverage to bring them closer together.

'Don't ever, do that again.' He tells her, utterly serious. That hurt him, a lot, the fact that she was going to hit him. He lets her go and walks away but I follow after him and give him a hug knowing that he needs it, knowing that Elena drives him crazy and that the thought of her dying was worse than death for him, even worse that she would offer herself up willingly.

'I'm going to go compel the human.' He walks away and goes into the bedroom that Alice was in. He walked out five minutes later. 'Time to go. Alice is soundly sleeping and will remember nothing about this horribly stupid day.'

Just as he finished his sentence the doors flew open and three vampires entered. 'We are here to meet the doppelganger.' One said and Elena tried to get past Damon.

'Thank you for coming.'

Damon cut her off. 'I will break your arm.' Then he turned to the vamp. 'There's nothing here for you.' At that moment the vampire by the door fell to the floor with a broken neck revealing Elijah standing behind him. He vamped closer to the other two vampires and Rose sped away. Damon looked at Elijah. 'I killed you. You were dead.'

'For centuries now.' Elijah deadpanned. I let out a laugh at that and he turned to me, shooting me a small smile. 'Jamie, a pleasure to see you again.'

'And you, Lijah.' I replied with a nod.

'Who are you?' He asked the vampire who appeared to be in charge who repeated the question back to him. 'Would you like the honour, Jamie?' Elijah asked me.

'Please. Gentlemen, this is Elijah, your worst nightmare.' I informed them. 'And Lijah his name is Cody, if that helps.'

'We were gonna bring the girl to you.' Cody says, shaking in fear. 'For Klaus. She's the doppelganger, I don't know how she exists but she does. Klaus would want to see her.'

'Does anyone else know that you are here?' He questions.

'No.' He responds.

'Well then you have been incredibly helpful.' Elijah states.

'Damon, make Elena look away.' He does as I say right before Elijah rips out the two vampires hearts and lets them drop to the floor, before sending me a grin and speeding away.