Chapter 8

I spent the next day at home, not really wanting to face the rest of the world but I was given a run down of how everybody else spent the day. Elena lied to the boys and went to talk to Katherine about Klaus, leaving Caroline to distract Stefan while Damon and Rose went to seek out a friend of hers who could tell them more about Klaus, whilst they were out doing that they had a slight run in with Elijah- I proceeded to text him, informing him that Damon was my best friend and I'd rather he didn't end up dead thank you very much, Jeremy was complaining to me about the new kid who seemed to have a thing for Bonnie, this struck me as odd timing for a new face to pop up so I made a mental note to do a little digging on that front. Also after Damon and Rose slept together, believe me I did not need details thanks Damon, Rose's friend told them that a witch could destroy the curse with the moonstone, I think not, something is fishy there too which means that today I couldn't stay at home, I'd actually have to go out and do something.

So after messaging Damon and finding out that him, Stefan and Bonnie were working on a way to get the moonstone and despell it against Elena's wishes I decided to go with Elena to the boarding house to talk to Rose. Elena was likely going to do something very stupid and with no Salvatore brother to stop her it fell to me to babysit the doppelganger. We met at the front door, and as we walked in we spotted Rose in a very short silk robe.

'It's not nice to leave a woman naked so early in the morning.' She looked up and stopped dead. 'Sorry.'

Elena looked away awkwardly but I looked at her, her nakedness not bothering me in the slightest. 'Yeah, sorry we're not Damon but we came to talk with you if that's okay Alice.' I comment lightly.

'I'd best put some clothes on then.' She turned around and headed up the stairs.

'Hey Rose, is he really that good in bed?' I call out.

'He certainly knows what he's doing.' She calls back and I laugh loudly in response while Elena looks at me aghast. 'What you can't tell me you're not curious.' I comment before heading to the sitting room. I was pissed at Elena because Damon had told her he loved her and compelled her to forget, I know that's not really her fault but he's in pain and she's the cause so I reserve the right to be pissed.

Once Rose is downstairs, clothed this time, and Elena has told her her plan, she says the exact thing I was thinking. 'It's a bad idea.'

Elena continues to argue that it's a good idea to go and find Rose's friend Slater and get him to tell us more about Niklaus, I think I'm going to call him Nik, Niklaus is a mouthful, despite the fact that Elijah attacked Damon and Rose when they went to see him before. Then she basically blackmails Rose into agreeing with a daylight ring when Rose points out that the boys are only trying to protect her, which they are.

So that's how we ended up at Slater's apartment, knocking on his door. 'Slater, Slater it's Rose open up.' When she receives no reply she turns to Elena. 'Not home sorry.' I snort, sometimes Alice can be alright she's got a humour much the same as Damon and I have.

'No. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing.' Elena says and indicates the door. Rose scoffs and shakes her head.

'Move.' I tell her. Once the vamps out of my way I kick the door hard with my booted foot and it swings open. 'After me I think.' I say before sauntering into the room.

'Slater.' Rose calls out as I move further into the room. I turn around and then sigh as I catch sight of something.

'I don't think he's going to be of much help.' Slater's body was lying on the ground with a stake through his heart.