Chapter 1: First Meeting

«so lets get this started

«so lets get this started... and put that gun down boi»

Park Jieun's POV

"Aren't you two the cutest?" My friend, Choi Jinyoung, gushed. "I am so glad you two got together!"

"Chill." I told her. "It's been a year, and you're still gushing over us."

"The best year of my life." My boyfriend, Kiseok, gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Cute~" Jinyoung gushed again. She grabbed her phone and snapped a picture of us.

"Hey!" I protested. "Delete that photo!"

"Nope!" She said.

"What's going on?" Jungwoo, our senior friend, sat down with his lunch.

"Jinyoung is acting crazy again!" I protested.

"What did she do?" He asked.

"She took a picture without my consent!" I whined.

"Girl!" Jungwoo's alter ego came out. "YAS! Send that pic to me."

"You should send it to me too." Kiseok said. He turned towards me and winked. "I want to brag about my beautiful girlfriend to the whole world!"

"But my mom will find it!" I told him. "I wasn't even supposed to have a social media account in the first place!"

"Yeah, but you have one." He pointed out.

"A fan account for EXO." I told him. "And that's only because there aren't any photos of me on it."

"But you still technically have one." He said again. "It's ok, I'll make sure to blur out your face." I hesitated before responding.

"Fine." I sighed. "But you have to make sure that my face can't be seen or else my mom will kill me when she finds out."

"I promise." He said, giving me another peck on the cheek.

"Aww, are you sure that you can't come?" Jinyoung asked again as we were exiting the school grounds. I nodded.

"My mom had some urgent business she wanted to talk to me about which is why I have to go. Maybe next time." I told her.

"Yeah, except there is no next time." She whined. "Every time I invite you, you always say that your mom needs you. There was only one time you were able to come over and that was only because I managed to convince your boyfriend to come too."

"Well, that was when my mom didn't really care where I went that day except be at home by her curfew." I told her.

"You even have a curfew?!" Jinyoung exclaimed. "You're in high school! You shouldn't need a curfew!"

"Well, my mom cares for me, that's all." I lied. "I gotta go!"

"Bye!" Jinyoung said and waved after me when I left. I smiled at her before making a dash towards my house. I took a stop at the local convenience store and gratefully took my change of clothes from the store clerk.

You see, I'm not the average school girl most people see me as. I come from a rich family that deals with businesses all over the globe. My parents at first wanted to send me to a private school near my current school, but I managed to drop myself out and enroll in the school for the common folk.

I never really like the people at the private school because everything felt so fake. I wanted to break the news to my parents but haven't had the time to. So, for now, the convenience store nearby helps me by keeping my two school uniforms at their place to please both my friends and my family.

I took a deep breath before I entered inside the mansion with my parents waiting for me.

"I'm getting what?" I asked again.

"You're getting married to one of our business partners." My mom said. My dad nodded in agreement.

"I heard he's a nice guy and goes to the same school as you!" I gulped. It was going to be one of those stuck up rich kids.

"You got it wrong again, sweetheart." My mom chimed in. "He goes to the school near your daughter's but has excellent grades and is advanced in almost every subject. It's as if he goes to her school!"

"I thought he did go to her school?" My dad looked at my mom, questioning her. "At least that's what you told me."

"Sweetie, you must've misheard me!" My mom clapped her hands. I felt my body relax a bit before tensing up again. Fear of everyone knowing my identity was taking over.

"I swear I didn't though." I heard my dad mutter. I let out an awkward laugh when I heard him say that. My mom tends to have a habit of saying one thing to get one of us to agree to something before revealing the truth at the moment of truth and covering it up by saying that we misheard her words. It kind of builds a type of distrust within the family, but after a while, we realize that her words are just small white lies.

"Sweetie, look at the bright side of things." My mom said. "He's from a successful company, he's really smart, and I heard he looks really cute."

"But mom—"

'No buts sweetie. Go up to your room to change into something appropriate. Mary should have something ready by now." She shooed me away to get changed. Once I finished changing, I walked down the stairs to see a boy and his family talking to my parents. "Oh look, there she is!" My mom pointed at me.

"Hello." I bowed. I sat down in the only empty seat available.

"Honey, meet your future fiancé." My mom gestured at the guy sitting in front of me. He looked no older than a high schooler, my age. He had his hair parted near the middle, but slightly more towards the right. His skin looked really nice, and his eyes seemed to have a story behind them. But then again, what do you expect from one of the most swooned guys in the school?

"Hi, I'm Na Jaemin." He bowed. I bowed as well.

"Hi, I'm Park Jieun." I told him.

"You go to my school, don't you?" He asked. I nodded, noting that our parents left leaving us with no one to dictate over what we say. "That's why your face seemed so familiar. I didn't expect that you were one of the rich as well."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, clearly confused with his statement. I was aware that he went to my school, but I didn't really care that much.

"Well, it's rare to find someone who's in the same school and under the same economic condition as me." He laughed. "I don't know, maybe it's because my parents only allowed me to go to that school if I adhere to every word they said?"

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked him out of the blue. He stared at me for a blank second before bursting out into a laugh.

"Yeah, why?" He said. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"In fact, I do." I told him. "So, to keep both of our relationships safe, how about we figure out how to get a divorce?"

"Deal." He said and shook my hand. 

so uh im trying something out. dont mind the crappy writing...