Chapter 29: First Date

«AESTHETICS

«AESTHETICS. VISUALS. ALL GIVEN BY THE GODS»

Park Jieun's POV

"You ready for our date?" Jaemin asked, holding out his arm. I nodded and took it. Finals week finished and everyone went back to their homes Friday night. It was Saturday, the day before our class field trip.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. He smiled at me before holding a finger up to his mouth.

"That's a secret." He unhooked our hands and opened his car door. "Ladies first."

"Thank you, oh kind sir." I chuckled, entering in the car. He smiled and closed the door. He entered inside of the driver's seat and started the car.

"You know, I have to teach you how to drive someday." Jaemin said as he backed out of the parking spot and drove out of the garage. "There may be a day where I can't drive you."

"I can take the subway or bus." I told him. "It's not like it's my first time."

"But I can't imagine all of the dangers that may happen while on there." Jaemin whined. "Imagine a guy coming up and trying to hurt you or worse. Or maybe a group of men kidnapping you. Oh, the possibilities are endless!"

"Jaemin, you're forgetting that the bus and subway stations are in an open and public area." I pointed out. "And why are you so worried? Shouldn't it be my parents?"

"But as your lovely and wonderful husband, I should be worried about my precious wife." Jaemin said.

"Oh, now you pull the caring husband card." I rolled my eyes. "It's not like we became this way on our own will."

"But we could." Jaemin said, parking the car. Both of us got out of the car and onto the parking lot. I looked around and saw that we were at the restaurant where he surprised me on my birthday. "Surprise, surprise. Remember this place?"

"How could I?" I asked him. "This was when I celebrated my first birthday with you."

"And it won't be the last." Jaemin gave me a peck on the cheek and took my hand. "C'mon, I reserved a place for us." We walked into the restaurant to be greeted by a waiter.

"Welcome to the Neo Culture Italian Restaurant! How may I help you today?" The waiter bowed.

"I booked a reservation earlier and want to come and claim it. The name should be under Na Jaemin." Jaemin told the guy. He nodded and looked through his reservation books.

"I'm sorry sir." The waiter answered. "Unfortunately, the table that you reserved are still taken by other customers. Would you be fine with waiting?"

"Is there another table available elsewhere?" Jaemin asked. "We don't necessarily need a balcony table."

"I can check that for you." The waiter answered, looking through his computer. "In fact, we have a table available by the fountain outside, is that ok?"