Chapter 6: Facetime

«i bet my entire life savings he was on a hoverboard»

Park Jieun's POV

"What?" I batted my eyes as innocent as I could. "You said I could order whatever I wanted to."

"Curse me and my loose mouth." I heard my mom mutter. My mom turned towards my dad. "Could you eat my spring rolls?"

"Sure." My dad said, taking the platter of spring rolls from my mom and gave her his bowl of jjampong.

"You will pay for this." My mom whispered in my ear. "Just wait."

"I'm always ready." I whispered back. She eyed me in a suspicious kind of look before she took a sip from her food. I followed suit and began to eat my dinner.

"So, how far have you guys organized Jaemin's closet?" Jaemin's mom asked, taking a slurp from her noodles.

"We cleaned out a good majority of it." I told her. "There is still a bit more stuff we have to organize. So far, I want to say around 60% of his things will be donated to charities that will accept them."

"You're donating his stuff?!" Jaemin's mom asked. "How did you convince him to get rid of it in the first place?"

"Well, I mean, I kind of just started to organize everything and informed Jaemin that I would donate all of his stuff if he didn't help." I half-lied. I could feel Jaemin boring his eyes on the side of my neck. "To be fair, he did cut up some watermelon for me to eat to take a break."

"Jaemin cut watermelon?!" Jaemin's dad exclaimed. "When will you do this to us?"

"Well, uh, she was working really hard, and I wanted her to take a break, that's all." Jaemin said. "Maybe next time."

"When is next time?" His dad asked.

"When I feel it is next time." Jaemin shrugged. "Maybe when I have a break over the summer from training."

"I see." Jaemin's dad said. He placed his chopsticks on his empty bowl. "Well, it seems like we're all finished with our meal. We'll go leave to play poker somewhere else and leave you two here."

"Are you sure you don't want any tea?" I asked, propping myself up.

"We're sure." Jaemin's mom smiled. "You need to rest that foot too. I believe the doctor will be here soon."

"Yeah, just sit down." Jaemin said, applying a slight pressure on my shoulder to make me sit down. "I'll escort them out of the house and clean up."

"Alright," I said, watching Jaemin escort the parents out. I heard a slight commotion before silence filled the empty space. Five minutes later, Jaemin came back with someone new.

"This is our family doctor, Yoon Jisung." Jaemin said. "I'll be in the room if you need anything."

"Hello." Jisung bowed.