Chapter 8: Break Up

«i wanna be on a horse

«i wanna be on a horse...»

Park Jieun's POV

"Jieun, get up." I felt someone slightly pushing me.

"No..." I whined. "Give me five more minutes."

"It's Monday, and we need to go to school." My eyes shot open as I saw Jaemin's face really close to mine.

"Weren't you making ramen earlier?" I asked.

"I was, last night. You fell asleep before the first bowl was done, so I just let you sleep." Jaemin said, tossing a set of clothes on me. "That should be your uniform. Go change. Once you're done, I'll leave to let you have time to eat food. School won't start until an hour from now."

"Thank you." I told him, hobbling over to his room and shutting the door. I quickly sat down on the bed to change into my uniform. Once I finished, I grabbed the bandages in the drawer and changed my bandages. I balanced myself back on my crutches and hobbled out.

Once I got out of the room, I saw the front door open and close. I hobbled over to the kitchen to see a donut sitting on the counter with a note telling me to eat it. I smiled at Jaemin's consideration and ate the donut happily. Once I finished, I placed the plate into the sink to be washed later and washed my hands. I hobbled over to the bathroom and began to brush my teeth.

Afterwards, I hobbled out of the apartment, locked it, and waited to hail a taxi to get to school. I managed to get one and rode in awkward silence. Once the car dropped me off, I paid the taxi driver and hobbled into the school, towards the library. I spotted Jaemin sitting in the library, talking to some of his friends.

"Oh, hey there!" Jinyoung grabbed my attention away from the boys. "I was just about to leave the library."

"O-oh, really?" I was trying to concentrate on her, but Kiseok just walked in. I tried to peep past her to get a view of Kiseok. Unfortunately for me, Jinyoung didn't notice my attempts and dragged me out of the library.

"Lucas and Jungwoo were looking everywhere for you!" Jinyoung said. "I think they took a break and are in the cafeteria."

Lucas was another friend of ours, but he had a different lunch time than we did. To make up for the lost time, we would meet up in the cafeteria and catch up on the drama that happened the day before. During this time, we would typically take turns to go to the library since the librarian always kicked us out whenever we were together.

With the assistance of Jinyoung, I managed to hobble my way to the cafeteria to Lucas and Jungwoo. I also noticed Lucas' girlfriend sitting with them. Lucas' girlfriend was kindhearted, down to earth, and very sweet. She doesn't mind our jokes about Lucas and Jungwoo being gay for each other and is fine with Lucas and his friends. We like her, and she likes us.

"Oh, hey!" Lucas waved over at us. He noticed my crutches. "Where were you?"

"She was in the library." Jinyoung answered, helping me sit down.

"Well, why were you in the library?" Jungwoo asked. "You should be glad that the librarian didn't catch you two together."

"I get it, mom." I exasperated.

"Sweetie, we only want the best from you." Lucas said, putting on a mom voice. "Speaking of which, why are you in crutches?"

"I tripped over air and fell down, spraining my ankle." I half lied.

"Oh, dang." Lucas said, looking over the bandages. "By the way, you suck at bandaging yourself."

"How did you know I was going to say that?" Jungwoo asked Lucas.

"Okay, can I just, say something crazy?" Lucas started.

"I love crazy!" Jungwoo continued.

"All my life has been a series of doors in my face," Lucas sang. "And then suddenly, I bump into you."

"I was thinking the same thing, 'cause like," Jungwoo smiled. "I've been searching my whole life to find my own place. And maybe it's the party talkin', or the chocolate fondue."

"But with you~" Lucas held out his arm.

"But with you~" Jungwoo followed him. "I found my place."

"I see your face." Jungwoo and Lucas began to stare down each other before continuing on.

"And it's nothing like I've ever known before~" They sang together. "Love is an open DOOR~" They screamed the last part together.

Us girls, on the other hand, rolled our eyes while laughing.

"Can I talk to you?" Kiseok came up to me during lunch.

"Yeah," I turned towards him. "What is it that you want to talk about, babe?"

"Can we talk privately?" He asked.

"I can't really walk." I told him, pointing at my crutches. "Besides, you can tell me now."

"But I don't want..." He looked over at Jungwoo and Jinyoung. "I want it just to be us."

"We can leave." Jungwoo said. "I think I have to turn in an assignment anyway. C'mon, Jinyoung."

"Do we have to?" Jinyoung whined.

"We have to leave the lovebirds alone." Jungwoo said, grabbing Jinyoung's arm and tried to drag her. "How much do you weigh? You're so heavy."

"What did you say?" Jinyoung got up, holding a fist.

"Nothing." Jungwoo said, slowly creeping away. "Gotta blast!" He ran off towards the hallways with Jinyoung following him.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked Kiseok.

"It's about us." He said, grabbing my hands and sitting down next to me. "I just feel that it's not going to work."

"So, what are you implying?" I asked, feeling my world starting to crumble.

"I think we need break up." He said, looking me dead in the eye. "It was working in the beginning, but I felt a lost in our connection."

"So, you're telling me that you're done with this?" I asked him, my voice beginning to crack. "But we were still strong two days ago..."

"I mean, were we though?" He began to question. "I mean, you seemed so distant to me during our facetime."

"I swear, I wasn't..." My voice began to crack. I could feel the hot tears forming. "I thought we were fine..."

"I don't know what world you were in, but we were breaking apart." Kiseok said, no sign of guilt in his eyes or voice. "So, I guess we're done."

"I guess so." I muttered, heartbroken, world gone. He pushed in his chair, but I tugged on his sleeve. "Could you look at me for one second though?"

"What is it this time?" He asked, irritated.

I slapped him, hard.

"I guess this is our good bye."

"I guess so." He shrugged, walking over to Jaemin's table, where everyone there laughed at the breakup. I, on the other hand, glared into Jaemin's eyes, which showed signs of guilt, and Kiseok's back, which had no mercy. 

so uh, mark isn't a part of dream anymore... kill me now