Chapter 23: Police Statements

«why does it look like he has a halo around him?»

Park Jieun's POV

"Park Jieun." The officer called out. "We need your statement."

"Coming." I answered. Jaemin was still sleeping after an hour since we arrived at the station. Both of our parents were here, both concerned over our conditions. "Jeno, can you come over here?"

"What do you need?" Jeno asked, shoving the last piece of the sausage in his mouth.

"Can you be Jaemin's pillow while I give my statement to the police?" I asked him. "I feel like Jaemin would be more comfortable if you were his pillow since he's really close with you."

"Oh, yeah, sure." Jeno said, smiling his iconic eye smile. He lifted Jaemin's head slightly and quickly switched positions with me. I could feel my butt burning after sitting down for so long. "Anything for you two."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes while smiling. "I've gotta go."

"Have fun!~" Jeno teased behind me. I chuckled to myself. I followed the officer into the statement room.

"Welcome." The female officer smiled. She held out a pen, a Ziploc bag, and a pad of post it notes. "If you could, could you write down your password or take off the password and put it inside this bag?"

"Yes ma'am." I answered, opening my phone and taking off the password. There was no way I was going to write down my embarrassing password. I placed the phone in the bag, and the officer zipped it shut. She proceeded to pull out her phone and showed it recording our talk.

"Could you please describe to the best of your ability the day of the kidnapping?" She asked.

"It was after school, Jaemin and I were walking to the convenience store with Mark." I began to recollect the memories. "We had some ramen with a few difficulties, and Jaemin said that he had to go outside to check to see if one of our parents were there. He left the store,After and I finished off my ramen, so I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on outside. I was basically staring at my ramen out of embarrassment of what Jaemin did before he left.

"Once I finished the ramen, I looked outside to see someone dragging Jaemin. The rest is a blur." I admitted with shame. "From what I remember, I told Mark to do something, ran outside, and grabbed the person by their shoulder. They pushed me off and hit me on the head, and I woke up in the hospital."

"Could you explain how you realized that the person who was texting you through Jaemin's phone was not Jaemin?" The officer asked. I remained silent. "Your statement will be confidential."

"I guess the main reason was because the person said that I was his girlfriend." I admitted. "The truth is that Jaemin and I are not dating. We're just close friends, that's all. Jaemin just prefers to have a ton of skinship."