Chapter 13: The News Spreads

«peep at jisung in the back, tanning from the la sun ☀️»

Na Jaemin's POV

"You're kind of cute." I said as I examined her facial features. I could see her face redden as she got off of me.

"Y-you're joking, r-right?" She stuttered, avoiding my gaze. "You have to be joking."

"No, I'm not." I said, confidence coming out of my mouth.

"You're lying." She covered her ears. "I just know it."

"But you're pretty." I told her, walking closer to her. She looked away from me. "C'mon, it's your birthday! You should be happy!"

"Unless you give me that note!" She smirked and reached for my hand. She snatched the note out of my hand, catching me off guard.

"No!" I whined. "You shouldn't read it!"

"Well, I am!" She stuck out her tongue and began to search the card. "Let's see... I think I left off here." She cleared her throat. "'—but Jaemin's stories of you helps us understand the kind of person that you are. You are a sweet, kind, pretty, cute, and lovely person to be around. At least according to Jaemin. We didn't know what to get you, so we hope that you enjoy this tin of cookies! Love, Mark, Donghyuck, Renjun, and Chenle.'"

"Now you see why I didn't want you to read it?" I raised my eyebrows when I saw her face redden as she continued to read the card out loud.

"They're lying, right?" Jieun eyed me and pointed at the card. I shrugged.

"Let's just open the next gift, okay?" I shifted the attention to something else. She nodded before taking out the tissue paper out of the bag. I heard a small squeal escape her mouth. "What is it?"

"It's a stuffed toy pancake!" Jieun smiled as she pulled out the toy. "Isn't it adorable?"

"Yeah," I smiled. "What else is in there?"

"A box of cereal and a box of mints." Jieun pulled out each item. She frowned at the cereal. "But I don't know why they got me cereal."

"Is there an inside joke?" I tried. She shook her head. "How about the brand the box is?"

"It's Frozen." She frowned again. A second passed before a lightbulb hit her. "Oh! Oh... Why?"

"What do you mean by why?" I asked her, staring at the box in confusion.

"Because Lucas and Jungwoo have this thing with Frozen, but I still don't get the cereal box." She furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at the box.

Ding! Ding!

Our phones went off. We looked at each other before we opened our phones to see the notification.

Mom 😘
Check the news.