Chapter 14: Preparation

«rip»Park Jieun's POV

«rip»
Park Jieun's POV

I watched Jaemin's face transform from a face of understanding to a face of confusion to a face of amusement in the span of five seconds.

"Honestly, what is wrong with our friends?" Jaemin asked.

"I don't know." I told him. "But they are right about one thing: it's late and we should go to sleep." I walked over to the couch and plopped myself on top of it. I heard Jaemin's footsteps coming closer.

"You can go to sleep." Jaemin seated himself next to me, feet on the table and laptop in hand. "I have a few shows to catch up on. Maybe tomorrow we can go out to celebrate your birthday with our families."

"Then shouldn't you be going to sleep?" I asked him, propping myself up. He shook his head.

"I tend to have a drama marathon on Friday nights so I still consider pretty early." He plugged in his earbuds to the laptop and put one in. He held out an earbud towards me. "Do you want to watch?"

"Weren't you telling me to go to sleep?" I asked him, taking the earbud and putting it in my ear.

"Well, I figured that you would be distracted with me watching, and I hate to watch dramas in my room." Jaemin pointed out. "Plus, it's your birthday!"

"Not really." I told him. "Technically, it's the day after my birthday."

"Well, consider this as my late birthday present to you." He smiled, sending butterflies down my stomach. "So, which drama?"

"Goblin?" I suggested.

"Nah, that's such an old drama." Jaemin said.

"What do you mean?" I slapped his arm. "It was released in 2017 and is pretty great."

"Alright," Jaemin sighed. "Suit yourself." He pulled up the KissAsian website and we began to watch Goblin.

"Why are there English words on the bottom of the screen?" I asked him once the drama began.

"It's because this is one of the websites that international fans use to watch. This is also how I review my English skills. Plus it's one of the free websites that has the dramas available." Jaemin shrugged.

"You use free sites to watch drama?" I raised my eyebrows. "Weren't we watching The Heirs on your TV earlier this year?"

"You see, my parents don't know about my addiction to dramas so I have to use free websites to not get caught watching them when I'm supposed to be watching them." Jaemin stated. "The only reason why we got to watch The Heirs on my TV was because my mom had a DVD pack of the entire show and wanted me to have it."

"I see." I nodded before gluing my eyes to his screen. Before I knew it, I began to drift off into my world of dreams.