Chapter 18: Extra Protection

«well if i have five minutes left to live, at least i know that 4 minutes and 17 seconds were well spent»

Na Jaemin's POV

"So, what happened?" I asked Renjun when the dismissal bell rung. After Hyojoo tackled Renjun off of the table, she began to pull at his side burns and cursed at him to keep his mouth shut. He smiled.

"Detention."

"With?" I asked.

"Hyojoo." He shrugged.

"Then why are you smiling?" I asked him, swinging my bag over my shoulder. "Shouldn't you be angry?"

"Well, the teacher is Mrs. Kang." He smiled. "And she hates Hyojoo, a lot. After all, who wouldn't hate the student that caused your prized student to fear for his life?"

"Well," I sighed. "At least your detention won't be hell."

"Thank god!" Renjun jumped with joy. "I did not want to have Mr. Park for detention. That guy hates my guts for some reason."

"Maybe it's because you sleep in his class?" I offered.

"Then why is history so boring?" Renjun asked. "That's why I sleep."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "You should probably get to your detention."

"I should." Renjun sighed. "Bye!" He began to walk in the opposite direction of me, towards his detention class.

I sighed and began to walk towards Jieun's class that she has last period. I waited outside of her science class, checking up on social media for anything. The only thing that blew up was Renjun's outburst at lunch and news spreading around that Hyojoo was back. I chuckled at the death threats made by the smallest people in the school. Especially one that was made by Chenle. That guy can't even hurt a fly if he tried.

"Hey." Jieun poked my shoulder. I looked up and saw her beautiful face looking at me.

"Ready to go?" I asked her. She nodded. We began to walk towards the exit from the dance studio, since it was the closest way out and most secretive. I laced my hand with hers, and we walked out of the school.

"Why aren't we going to the dance studio?" She asked me in confusion. I noticed her eyes darting back and forth between me and our hands. I chuckled at how cute she was.

"Gosh, why are you so cute?" I asked her. She turned away from me, but I could still see her face burn up. "And to answer your question, there's no practice. Whenever one of us gets detention, we cancel practice because we don't want to leave that person out."

"Aww, that's so sweet of you guys." She gushed. "I wish my friends were like that. If one of us is sick, we tend to text in the group chat on what the sick person missed and glorify it so that they feel jealous." I chuckled.