Chapter 7: Math Project

«cheater»

Park Jieun's POV

I woke up to the sound of the door creaking open. I sat up and stared at the door to see the culprit staring back at me, hair poofed up and eyes like deer in headlights.

"Morning." Jaemin gave a curt wave. "How's your ankle?"

"It doesn't hurt that much." I replied. "Are you here to get a change of clothes?"

"No, to brush my teeth." He responded. "It's the weekend so I don't have to dress to impress."

"That's right." I responded. "It's only Sunday."

"Do you have any plans today?" Jaemin asked, coming out, brushing his teeth.

"No." I told him. "Do you?" He shook his head. "Ok."

"I was planning we could work together on our homework or something." He said. "Or we could hang out to get to know each other, but I threw that out of the window since you have to walk on crutches."

"I can still walk though." I told him. He laughed.

"That's true." He smiled at me. "How about— shit!" He ran out of the room and answered his phone.

I laughed silently as I saw him panic and rush out of the room trying to put on his clothes. I slowly got out of the bed and hobbled over the bathroom. I shut the door and locked it as I did my business.

Once I was done, I was met with Jaemin's face. I was shocked and fell slightly backwards. Instead of the floor meeting my butt, my back was supported by Jaemin.

"Careful." He winked. He set me back up, so I was able to stand up normally. "Sorry about earlier. There was a business issue that I had to handle."

"You can already handle your company without your dad managing it?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I'm given some management of the company to make some decisions, but in general, my dad makes the final decision. Most of time, he goes with what I decide on a certain issue." He shrugged.

"But you can still handle the company." I pointed out. He shrugged.

"I guess." He smiled at me. "So, do you want to hang out to get to know each other or do you want to work no homework?"

"I guess we should work on homework." I told him. "I have a project due tomorrow that I haven't started."

"The math project?" I nodded. "Why do the math teachers think that we can do a math project?"

"I don't know." I told him. I hobbled out of the bathroom. All I know is that I need to work on it and finish it by tonight."

"I can help." He said. "I finished mine, so I can help give you pointers."