Chapter 16: Group Chat

«gods, kings, lords, emperors, THE VISUALS»

Park Jieun's POV

"Happy birthday, sweetie!" Jaemin's mom brought me in a tight hug.

"Happy birthday." My mom pulled me in a hug next. She whispered the next part. "Jaemin's birthday is August 13. It's in around eight months."

"Thank you." I whispered back to her. She pulled away and gave me a smile.

"Well, we should be leaving." Jaemin's dad said. "Ready for me to slaughter you in poker, Woojin?"

"Now, now," My dad chuckled. "I've won in poker for the past four games. You can't beat my streak."

"We'll see." Jaemin's dad winked. "Well, you two better start to go home. Do you guys want someone to bring you home?"

"No," Jaemin shook his head. "I drove us here."

"Drive safely." My mom said.

"I will, thank you." Jaemin bowed, grabbing my hand. "Bye!"

"Thank you for the birthday wishes!" I called after the parents while Jaemin was dragging me. He dragged me towards his car and opened the passenger door. "Why are you in a rush?"

"Just because I forgot to give you your gift last night." Jaemin admitted as he entered into the driver's seat. He pulled down the seatbelt and noticed that I didn't have mine on. "You better buckle up. It's gonna be a long ass ride."

"Are you taking that from Mark?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Hey, it's a pretty catchy catchphrase." Jaemin said. "Who wouldn't use it?"

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. I grabbed my phone out of my purse and began to read the new texts.

Anna 🏳 named the conversation "JieunxJaemin 💖"

Anna 🏳
SO GUYs

Anna 🏳
THIS CHAT IS TO DISCUSS
JIEUN AND JAEMINS
RELATIONSHIP

(010)xxx-xxxx
I AGREE

Best FRAND 🙃
yo could u guys type in ur
names so i can get ur contact
names?

Best FRAND 🙃
im jinyoung btw

(010)xxx-xxxx
Chenle

(010)xxx-xxxx
Renjun

(010)xxx-xxxx
Donghyuck

Hans (but better)
Jungwoo

THE BEST GIRL IN THE WORLD 💖
Yoojin

(010)xxx-xxxx
Mark

(010)xxx-xxxx
Jeno

I quickly changed the contacts name from the group chat to read the texts easier.