Chapter 5: Family Dinner?

«lol its jaemin having a crisis in life»

Park Jieun's POV

I gripped on to the end of Jaemin's shirt before falling and crashing to the floor. I could feel the pain surfacing on my side and even more pain on my foot. I sat up from my place and tried to massage my foot. Jaemin finally registered what happened and came to check on me.

"Are you okay?" He looked at me with concern etched in his face.

"Yes, I'm doing swell." I flared my nostril, flattened my nose and put on a sarcastic tone. "On a serious note, just help me get up."

"Oh, right." He grabbed my arms and pulled me up. Once I was standing on one foot, I put my arm around his shoulder for extra support. I limped over the bed and sat down.

"Can you get me a bag of ice?" I asked Jaemin. He nodded before running to the kitchen to get ice from the fridge. He came running back with a bag full of ice, wrapped around a towel.

"Here." He handed me the ice pack. I put it on my foot to reduce the swelling. "Are you feeling any better? Do you want me to ask for the family doctor to come?"

"No, I should be fine." I told him. "It's probably nothing big."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, I am sure." I told him reassuringly. "Tomorrow's a Sunday anyway, so if I need to, then I can go to the hospital tomorrow."

"Alright, then." He shrugged. "Do you want me to order dinner, then? It's almost 7."

"It's almost 7?!" I asked him, shocked at the time. "Have we been organizing your closet for that long?"

"Yeah, pretty much." He ruffled my hair. "At least we finished organizing donations and keeping. Now all we have to do is pack the donations in a box and move in all of your stuff."

"Yeah," I nodded. "So, what's for dinner?"

"I was thinking about ordering from this Chinese restaurant. Jajagmyeon?" He pulled out his phone and looked at me before calling.

"Yeah, that should work." I told him.

"Sweet." He dialed the number and walked out of the room to order. I pulled out my phone to text my maid for my crutches. I reminded her to adjust the height so that way it wouldn't be too short. The last time I wore crutches was in elementary school when I broke my leg climbing a tree. Jaemin walked into the room right when the text sent. "So, the noodles are going to be here in around ten minutes. Can you hold out until then?"

"Yeah," I shut off my phone and placed it face down next to me. "That should be fine. Is your girlfriend going to be here tomorrow?"

"I don't know." Jaemin laughed nervously. "But I need you to answer a question for me."