Chapter 24: Confession

«low quality gif for a high quality person»

Park Jieun's POV

"Hey, hey, hey." Jaemin said, pulling me for a hug once we got home. Our parents just recently left, knowing that our doors and windows were locked. I felt the tears running down my face. "I'm back, and I'm doing fine."

"B-but when—" I went into another fit of tears, clinging on to Jaemin. "Those texts—"

"Have you been holding your tears this entire time?" Jaemin asked. I nodded and cried some more.

"I kept on telling myself that you were fine and that nothing was going to harm you." I pulled apart from him. I could feel my tears slipping into my mouth, slurring my words. "And I thought that the police would find you and—"

"Woah." Jaemin chuckled. "How about we calm down and then explain? I'll go get the water."

"I'll try." I told him, grabbing the tissues nearby and blowing my nose into them. After three hours of blowing my nose and eating three tubs of ice cream, I felt a bit calmer. "I'm calmer now."

"Good to know." Jaemin sighed. "Ready to tell me from the beginning?"

"Yeah." I nodded, recalling the memories over the past eleven days.

-flashback-

It was the day after Jaemin was kidnapped: a fateful Thurday. I got out of the bed, missing Jaemin's warmth. We finally started to sleep with each other after our parents caught me sleeping on the couch since it was Jaemin's turn to sleep on the bed. After that day, our parents ordered us to sleep on the bed or else they would install cameras to monitor us. And we're only in high school.

I walked over to the bathroom and chose my school uniform from the closet. I undressed from my pajamas and wore my uniform. I sighed and went to the kitchen to grab some leftover toast that Jaemin made the day before. I smiled bitterly at the memory of tossing his toast aside into the fridge because I was in a rush to get to school. I shoved the bread in my mouth once I opened my phone to check up on the news outlets. I had disabled my Instagram account because my parents found out about it.

I picked up my bag and tossed it over my shoulder and ran out of the door. I shut the door and ran towards the closest bus station. I paid the bus driver the bus fee and chose a seat in the back. I looked down at my phone and began to update on the current news. There were headlines on Jaemin's kidnapping, some claiming that it may be fake and some spreading word about it. I reported the ones that were claiming the possibility that it was fake and looked up from my seat to notice that it was the stop for school. I got up from my seat and pressed the red button to signal the bus driver that I needed to get off.

I got off of the bus and ran towards the school. I noticed Lucas, Jungwoo, Yoojin, and Jinyoung at their usual table, huddled around someone's phone. When I arrived, they looked at me gravely. I knew it from their faces.