Chapter 8. Put your head on my shoulder

You shifted in your bed and opened your eyes to the clock read 5:41am on your night stand.

Waking up early sucks.

You sat up from your bed rubbing your eyes awake. You looked down at your clothes and saw that your clothes were changed into your pajamas.

I feel more violated.

You grabbed your phone and put your headphones in your ears. Quietly, you opened the door carefully hoping not to wake anyone up. As you were walking towards the kitchen to get a glass of water, you looked over to the boys.

Steve and Thor were still lying on the couch. You looked over to the floor mattress and noticed that only Loki was on the mattress wrapped in the blankets with not bucky.

A cold breeze brushed on your skin.

You looked over to see that the window that lead to the outside fire escape open. You tiptoed to the window without making that many noise.

Sticking your head out the window, you looked up and down to see if possibly bucky was out there. You went through the window and landed on the fire escape platform. You decided to take a wild guess and picked to climb up.

It's too early for this.

You climbed up the ladder and poked your head at the top of the roof to see if anyone was there. You saw Bucky sitting on the other side of the building facing against you with something in his hand.

Quietly, you tiptoed over towards Bucky to see what he had in his hand. You looked over his shoulder and saw a journal in front of him with a pencil in hand, but he wasn't writing anything. His body was shaking a bit and you weren't sure if he was cold or if he was crying.

You placed your hand on his shoulder. " Bucky, are you alright?"

Suddenly, he grabbed your arm off his shoulder and quickly twisted your hand to your back and pinned you to the ground.

Great start to another day.

" Oh God." Bucky quickly backed away from you. "I'm so sorry, (y/n). I'm so sorry."

You stood up from the floor quince in a bit of pain. " It's fine. I shouldn't have surprised you like that."

Bucky took a step back from you and looked ashamed. " I am so sorry."

" I forgive you." you said. " So, what are you doing here?"

Bucky sat down in the same position were you found him and you joined him.

" I had a nightmare." He said with his head down. " I didn't feel like waking up Steve this time to help me with my nightmares. So I decided to come up here to clear my head."

You felt sorry for the poor man that was before you and all you could feel for him is pity.

Then you had an idea.

You grabbed your headphones out of your pocket and placed one of them inot bucky's ear. He flinched when you placed the headphones in his ear.

" These are headphones." you explained. " You use this to listen to music just to yourself when you don't want to be loud or want to submerge into the music."

He turned his head and let you place the headphone in his ear.

You took out your phone to pick the music.

" So, what's your fancy?" You asked Bucky.

" My what?"

" What of music do you want to listen to?"