Chapter 37. Just A Bit Longer

The room was still in silence. 

You were not sure if you should break this awkward silence in the room or you should let the two men fall in responsibility to break this silence. It did hurt a bit because they were not showing any sign of a reaction of this situation, then again it is up to them if they choose to do that. 

 As you were about to break the silence, Bucky immediately hugged your waist tightly burying his face on your stomach so you were not able to see his expressions on his face. Then Loki, surprisingly, embrace you from behind burying his face in the crook of your shoulder and neck. 

Well... this was unexpected. 

You were not sure how to respond to this type of reaction since they didn't say anything, but them hugging you did make you smile because you knew that they cared at least without saying a word. You just placed one hand over Bucky's head and the other reaching for Loki's head slightly petting both of them. 

" When do we leave... or when... are we expected to go back?" Bucky broke the silence. 

" Tomorrow." You answered.

You felt both of them grip you harder than they were before which made you smile a bit more. 

" When were you going to tell us?" Loki spoke up.

Your smile fell. " I was going to tell you in the morning because I just got the news recently. On the other hand it was such short notice that I was not sure how to give this information to you guys." 

" Makes sense." Bucky agreed. 

" But why did they not give us more time?" Loki complained. 

 " You guys are the Avengers... well more or less." You sighed. " You guys do missions beyond the average human can even complete and you help protect the world from catastrophic threats that government could wish to the power to have." 

" Well... me and Barnes are still trying to gain more of there trust since... of our background." Loki explained. 

"But we are trying our best more or less." Bucky added.

You sighed. " But at least the two of you are trying to make a difference. " 

" Note the word ' Trying'." Loki snared. 

" Well I believe that you two are trying your best." You said with pride. And I hope you guys succeed."

You felt the both of them smile since they had their faces still buried on your body. They were holding on to you like scared child that is hugging there teddy bear to help them to comfort them when they are scared. 

" Thank you, (y/n)." Bucky acknowledged.

" You're welcome." You chimed. "...Are you guys ok? Not that I am complaining, but you guys are holding on to me like you are trying to squeeze out a lemon." 

" Oh, My apologies." Loki and Bucky instantly let go of you.

" You guys can still hug me if you guys still want too..." You reassured them to lighten the mood. 

You kind of regret saying that in the first place and missed the warm embrace from them. So you decided to replace that embrace by quickly held their hands. They were a bit shock that you made this gesture because they were not use to this type of affection from someone. 

"Better?" You asked. 

After you grabbed there hands, you took a good look at there faces. Loki had a small smile on his face looking down at your hand in his, but once he looked up his face fell. His smile didn't fall because he was looking at you, but he was looking to the side of you. He was looking at Bucky.