Chapter 40. If You Wanna Be Happy

After the five of you grabbed a few bites to eat, and by 'bites' Thor just got anything he could afford, you guys were on your way. To be honest, These men could have gotten and escort of people like the president or like some sort of king since they are the most powerful people in the world that could bring it to its knees if they wanted to. Then again S.H.I.E.L.D. or Fury would not to treat them in that sort of way and would choose something more discrete to not draw attention to them. Plus it would probably be very expensive to give them a full escort of people to even bring them to Headquarters in the first place.

Since they hold the power to wipe away humanity from existence It is better to treat the with some sort of respect... well some they are working to learn to trust more. Even though they could go back on there own accords by flying, driving or teleportation, but you found it fitting to drive them in your own since you were the one to host them.

The car ride seemed a bit quieter than normal. Someone would be bickering about there looks or a certain pair might possibly be starting a war in the back seat. Yet this time there was silence in the car and it concerned you a bit.

Thor disliked silence in any situation, which Loki knew all to well, he loved to be the one who put smiles on people's and be outgoing. The silence was almost deafening to his ears to the point that he will go mad without anyone speaking a word.

" That's it!" Thor leaned from sitting in the passenger seat and turned on the radio.

You felt a sense of relief of the awkward silence fell off you shoulders once Thor turned on the radio. You had a hunch that the other's felt the same way as you did about the silence.

" Sorry." Thor apologized. " I just couldn't take the silence."

You smiled. " It's ok, Thor."

As you were driving, the song Don't go breaking my heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee came on the radio. You knew Steve liked this song because all of you heard Steve's shower singing, but all of you stayed quiet about it. Except Loki. He just decided to use it for blackmail by recording him for whatever reason.

You started to tap on the steering wheel to the beat of the song. Bucky joined in with your tapping. Loki and Thor started to hum along with the song, but once the chorus began.

" Woohoo... Nobody knows it." Steve softly started to sing along.

"When I was down." Thor joined in.

"I was your clown." Loki continued.

" Woohoo... Nobody knows it." You sang.

"Right from the start." Bucky laughed as he joined.

"I gave you my heart
I gave you my heart...."

A small smile formed on your lips as you saw the four of them try to lighten up the mood a bit, which seems to be doing a great job of doing. They all had smiles on their faces which brought you joy on you face.

" So don't go breaking my heart

I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my
I won't go breaking your heart..."

The five of you were singing at the top of your lungs and pretended like you didn't have a care in the world at the moment. You were having fun and taking it all in. Was that so much of a crime?

~~~~~~~~

The five of you had a giant karaoke concert in your car as you were on your little road trip. After your session of singing you hearts out, you noticed that they all had a voice when they sang. Of course some sang better than others which was a bit obvious... well... to you at least. Loki had the best singing voice out of all of them, which was a bit surprising to you. His voice could either be as soft as a violin or as powerful as Adele. On the the hand, you could tell he holding back on his potential. Not sure if it was due to shyness, doubt, or some other reason. Steve was the next best one. He had a cute little angelic voice when it came to him singing out loud. Steve was more outgoing with his voice than Loki and was not really afraid to show it off. Bucky and Thor also had a good voice when they sang, but if you were to be honest with them. Loki and Steve both take the prize of the better singers in the group.