4. Minty Fresh Suffocation

Vic's p.o.v:

"MIKE HURRY UP OR I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL LEAVE WITHOUT YOU!" I yell through the bathroom door, knocking on it obnoxiously loud and fast just to annoy him.

"WELL I'M SORRY THAT SOME OF US CARE ABOUT OUR APPEARANCE!" He yells back.

"I CARE ABOUT MY APPEARANCE TOO, WHY DO YOU THINK I NEED THE BATHROOM, DUMBASS!!!"

Looking down at my phone and checking the digital numbers on my lock screen, I realize what time it is. "SHIT! You know what? Fuck it!" I storm away and quickly rush to my room, looking for a beanie to cover my mess of hair.

It didn't take long before I found a plain black one laying on the ground from when I wore it like a week ago.

Clearly not having time to brush my teeth like I wish I did, I look through my desk drawers looking for a piece of mint gum. Anything to fix my awful morning breath.

Not having luck in my room, I hurry into Mike's room, because my nosey ass knows exactly where he stores stuff that he doesn't want me to take. Clearly he didn't choose a very clever hiding place since I easily found some cool mint gum. Only a single piece remained, but I don't care, I took it anyway.

That's the nice thing about having a sibling; sharing. Sure it's not always willing or even known that you're sharing, but it's sharing non the less.

Shoving the piece in my mouth and chewing it in a hurry, I run back to the bathroom to get my brother.

"MICHAEL CHRISTOPHER FUENTES I SWEAR IF YOU MAKE ME LATE FOR SCHOOL SO HELP ME GOD I WILL BURN ALL OF YOUR SNAPBACKS!"

He slowly opens the bathroom door, popping his head out just the slightest bit. "You wouldn't" he whispers dramatically.

"You wanna fucking try me, Mike?" I ask through gritted teeth.

He's really pissing me off this morning and right now I feel like dunking his head into the coffee maker. The only time I'm late for class is because of him, and I'm sick of it.

He stares at me for a long minute through squinted eyes before he lets out a small defeated sigh.

Hesitantly opening the bathroom door he quickly brushes past me and heads downstairs. "Fine. Let's just go pick up Tony already." He shouts over his shoulder as he carefully walks downstairs.

Though me and Tony are really close friends, he's way closer to my brother than anyone else out of our friend group. I don't understand why he likes Mike so much, I can barely stand a car ride with my brother let alone willingly hanging out with him practically every day like Tony does.

Not going to lie, I'm kind of jealous of their relationship. I mean Tony was my friend first and now he's best buddies with my brother! What does Mike have that I don't?

Pushing that thought to the back of my head, I make my way after my brother who was already impatiently waiting in the car for me.

------------------------------

"NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS IS BETTER THAN THE CORPSE BRIDE!!!" Mike exclaims.

"UM HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN THE CORPSE BRIDE?!" Tony argues back.

"YEAH, THAT'S HOW I KNOW NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS IS WAY BETTER!"

"GUYS!" I yell louder than they had been, automatically shutting them up. "Coraline is the best" I add with a sly smirk.

That set them off into a yelling war. They were both saying things at the same time so it was hard to decipher what was said exactly, but things along the line of "You're wrong!" and "How can you even say that?" could be picked out between screams.

"Guys shut up, you bicker like an old marry couple."

"So do you and Kellin." Mike adds.

"We do not!" I quickly defend myself.

Though that is kind of a lie. Me and Kellin did argue over pineapple on pizza for a long time yesterday, but Mike wasn't there for that...unless Tony told him. He probably did, they tell each other everything. Which is weird for Tony because he's not that open of a person, but apparently with Mike he is?

"Oh yeah, sure. I bet you wish you were married to him"

"What are you going on about now?" I ask as I pull into the school parking lot, parking my car in my assigned spot.

"Oh please, it's so obvious that you like him." He replies with a shrug.

"Of course I like him, he's funny and just all around cool guy to hang out with it, why wouldn't I like him?"

"Not that kind of like you camel, like like him. You know, like have a crush on him?"

I scoff, getting out of the car and looking at him like he's a crazy person. "Mike. I do not have a crush on KelLiN" I protest, though Kellins name came out as a strangled noise because as I was saying his name I caught a glance of him standing by the front door and I choked on my gum.

Mike gets out of the car and lazily slaps me on the back to try and help me get over my coughing fit. "Okay Mister I don't have a crush on Kellin Quinn." He replies in air quotes.

"Shut up!" I order breathlessly, my coughing finally subsiding.

Tony gives me an apologetic look before him and Mike disappear into the crowd of students, rushing into school so they're not late for class.

Since the two boys I had so kindly driven to school had ditched me, I make my way to the uneasy looking boy chewing on his finger nails by the door. He seemed very nervous and kept looking around wildly like a crazy person.

"Woah, Kellin are you okay?" I ask, walking up to him.

"Ummm...w-what?" He asks, still glancing around the school area and studying everyone who walks by us.

"Kellin!" I raise my voice slightly, earning his attention.

"S-sorry.... What were you saying?"

"I asked if you're okay, you're looking around the school like you're going to get assassinated any minute now." I add with a small laugh.

"...Vic, can I trust you?" He asks suddenly, his voice serious as he looks me dead in the eyes.

"Uh, yeah of course Kellin, what's up?" I ask, a little taken a back at how serious the conversation turned.

"Well...I have gym first period, and I always like to have a shower after because I don't want to stink the whole day, but I'm...I'm scared. I have really bad body issues a-and what if people see me and-"

"Kellin relax okay. You have an amazing body and if anyone is looking at you it's probably because they think you're hot. You're over thinking things" I say with a small smile, hoping it would help, but judging by his face it didn't in the lightest.

"It's more complicated than that, Vic..." he explains with a sigh.

"What do you mean-" the bell rings signaling that we really need to get to class.

"I'll figure something out" he says quickly. "Bye Vic, I'll meet you right here after school so we can work on our assignment."

Before he ran to his gym class he hugged me. It was just a quick small hug, but it left a huge smile on my face..

I've decided that Kellin is my favorite person to hug now. Before it was Tony, but he hugs my brother more than me.

I'm not salty about it though I don't know what you're talking about.

-

This chapter kinda sucks oops

Question of this chapter:

Do you like the corpse bride or Coraline better?