11. Mini Golf

Kellin's p.o.v:

"Dad?" I ask, confused. I slowly walk down the stairs and towards my dad quietly reading on the couch. "Why are you home? I thought you had baseball today?"

"I did, but I guess the flu or something is going around because most of my teammates are home sick. No players, no game." He finishes, staring at his book the whole time.

"WHAT?!" I practically yell. Vic is going to be here any minute now and I can't have my dad in the house when he is. "Dad, surely you have something out of the house to do today?"

"Nope"

"Well maybe you should go out shopping? I have things I need you to pick up."

"I'll do the shopping tomorrow when I have more money in the bank, okay?"

"No, I need you to go tonight!" I exclaim, a visibly worried tone in my voice.

He stops reading, slowly lowering his book to look at me in confusion. "Kelly, why do you want me out of the house so bad?" He asks quizzically.

I bite my lower lip slightly, nervousness started to kick in "Dad...um...I'm having a friend over."

"Oh?" He asks, perking up in interest. "And which friend would that be?"

"Um, Vic...Vic Fuentes."

"Vic better be short for Victoria..." My dad warns with a stern expression, his finger pointed at me.

"Um-"

"Stop saying "um" Kellin, you know how much that irritates me. Now tell me, is Vic a girl or a boy?"

His question made my blood boil in frustration. I have talked about Vic and the guys multiple times before, and I made no effort in hiding the fact that they are all males, so the fact that he even has to ask me that question just proves how much he actually listens to what I say.

I barely speak to the man, you'd would think that he would actually make an effort to listen to me on the rare chance that I do.

I open my mouth hesitantly to speak, but a knock at the front door thankfully interrupted this shit show of a conversation we were having.

"I'll get it!" I announce quickly, practically running towards the door and opening it to see a grinning Vic on the other side.

"Hey Kel-" I push him backwards as I not so casually close the door behind me on my way outside.

"Long story short, my dad's home so we gotta find something else to do for the night" I explain as I make my way towards Vic's car.

"Can't I at least say hi to him?" The tanned boy asks as his hand slowly reaches for the door handle.

I turn around quickly, grabbing his wrist. "NO!" I exclaim loudly...a little too loudly. "I mean...no. You won't like him, trust me."

"Come on, I just want to introduce myself."

"Trust me when I say this, Vic...that is a very bad idea."

"Come on Kellin, you speak about him like he's some monster. He can't be that bad..."

"Please Vic, let's just go." I urge him, my voice and eyes pleading for him to just leave things alone. To leave my dad alone.

"...fine" he sighs. "But only because you gave me those cute puppy dog eyes." He smiles as he turns away from the door to leave.

That was when we both noticed that we were still holding hands from when I grabbed his away from the door handle. We both silently agreed to just continue holding them, because it didn't seem awkward or embarrassing, it just felt like a normal thing as we walked to his car.