20. I Don't Want To Talk... But Let's Talk

Vic's p.o.v:

Tony left straight after Mike told him to go home, and even through the walls of my bedroom I could clearly hear Tony's disappoinment through his muffled words.

Mike came to my room immediately after Tony was gone to try and talk to me, looking the most nervous I have ever seen him in my life, but I didn't want to talk. I wasn't ready. I needed time to take a deep breath and wrap my head around what I had just walked into, while also trying to forgot seeing my brother and one of my best friends naked and on top of each other.

It was about an hour later when I gained enough courage to knock on his door. He opened it before I could even knock twice. His expression was a cross between nervous and scared.

"Vic-"

"Why?" I cut him off quickly, my voice emotionless.

"Why what?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as he stands in the door way.

"Out of everyone at our school, why did you pick one of my best friends?"

"Hey, he's my friend too-"

"Well he's clearly more than just a friend, because I sure as hell don't do anything like that with Jaime!" I interject. "How did this happen anyway?"

"Well... We we're arguing about Star wars and Harry Potter and Tony kept going on and on about how Star wars is better and he was actually bringing up some good points, so I...I kinda kissed him to shut him up- cliché, I know."

"Wait you kissed him."

I know that was a stupid question to ask after he just told me, but what can I say? All my life my brother has been the straightest guy I know- no offense Jaime- but I guess I was wrong.

Apparently very wrong.

"I instantly regretted it and apologized right away. I told him it was just an in the moment thing and that it didn't mean anything." He explains quickly. "We agreed to pretend it didn't happen. Everything was fine for a few weeks... But then it happened again, expect Tony kissed me instead."

"I had been secretly thinking about the kiss within those weeks, so when he told me he had too, I couldn't help but smile and kiss him back. Small kisses went from making out to-"

"I know what happened, please never mention it again." I'm quick to interrupt. "How long has this been going on?"

"About half way through summer vacation, I think?"

"That long and I didn't know?!"

"I usually play loud music so you don't hear anything."

"Oh my god! I should've know something was going on." I tell him. "Are you guys dating or are you just friends with benefits?"

"I mean... I think it's just benefits, but I- I think I want more? I think I have romantic feelings for him, but I don't think he feels the same way. I'm just scared that if I tell him how I feel he won't feel the same way and we'll lose what we have now. Like, what if he doesn't like me that way and stops talking to me?"

"Kellin was just as scared to tell us he's Trans and it turned out fine. I think you should tell Tony, if he's just stringing you along for sex- which I doubt he is- then he doesn't deserve to stay with you and hurt you."

"Do you really think I should tell him?" He asks nervously, scratching at the side of his arm.

"Yeah, I say go for it, Tony's a great guy. If I were you I wouldn't just let someone like him slip through my fingers because I'm too scared to express my feelings."

I was expecting Mike to just meekly nod in agreement, but instead he lunged forward and wrapped his arms around my torso. I wasn't expecting it since me and Mike hardly ever hug, but I can't deny that I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

Words aren't needed as we just silently hug, the height difference oddly not making the hug uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry you saw what you saw" he whisper into my ear.

"Let's just never talk about it again, okay?"

"Okay" he chuckles as he pulls away. "...Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being as calm as you are. I thought you were going to scream and shout and tell the two of us that you didn't agree with me dating such a close friend of yours."

"Mike, I would never do that. I'm actually kinda glad that it's Tony, he's already approved by mom and dad and it's better than dating a complete stranger."

"I don't say this enough Vic, but I love you."

"I love you too... dick face."

"Shut up noodle head."

--------------------

Question of this chapter

Are you enjoying this story or are you getting bored because I take so long to update?