30. Truth or Dare

Kellin's p.o.v:

I tried.

I tried so hard to tell them the bad news, but I could barely say one word about it without starting to break down.

I avoided it all week, the whole week that went by way too fast for my liking. But now it's Friday and I have to tell them. I have to tell all six of them that I'm moving back to Oregon, and that we won't go to the same school, we won't see each other, I won't be able to kiss Vic anymore, I-

God, this sucks! It sucks that I can't even man up enough to tell them I'm moving without starting to get choked up. It sucks that I even have to move at all, but that's just how life is going to be I guess.

I'm too young to make my own decisions, so until I'm old enough to choose what I want and when I want it, I'll just have to settle for being passed around like a ping pong ball by my parents.

It's such a nightmare how this all proceeds. I came here to start fresh, to make new friends and a new life for myself. Of course once I actually do, it's all ripped away from me.

It just always feels like my dad is out to get me. He just takes everything good I have going for myself and he ruins it. It's like it's his own personal vendetta to make me miserable. If it is, he's succeeding pretty damn well.

I sigh loudly as I take a seat on the couch. They're all going to be here soon and I know I have to tell them tonight, I need to.

A few minutes go by before there's knocking at the door, loud continuous knocking, meaning it's probably Mike.

Getting up off the couch I rush to the front door and open it to reveal all six of my closest friends, all greeting me with handfuls of blankets and pillows.

"Sup, gay boy" Mike nods at me.

"Hi, Mike" I smile in amusement.

"Well are we coming in or what?" Jaime buds in with a chuckle.

"Right, sorry" I open the door wider so they can all file in one by one, Mike, Tony, Jaime, Alex, Jack, and Vic who gives me a kiss on the way in.

They all settle in, throwing blankets on the living room carpet and claiming the place they want to sleep for the night. Vic didn't bring any pillows because I told him earlier this week he could just sleep in my bed with me.

Jack slumps his backpack against his pillow, excitedly unzipping it. "Look what I brought" He announces, pulling out a bottle of liquor.

-----------------------

About two hours later and everyone's tipsy and giggly, and someone had the great idea that we should play truth or dare. Kids, don't play truth or dare drunk- you know what, just don't play it at all, it never ends out well.

"Alex truth or dare?" Jaime asks in a cocky voice.

"You know what, I'm going to go with dare" He smiles, taking another zip of the vodka Jack had brought over.

"I dare you to kiss the hottest person in the room, and you can't choose your boyfriend" Jaime explains.

Alex takes his time looking over every bodies features, and with a simple shrug he leans across the circle we're all sitting in, and surprisingly kisses me of all people.

The kiss is just a short one, I barely even kissed back. And even though we all agreed we're not allowed to get mad if people end up kissing someones boyfriend as a dare, I could clearly see that Vic was not having it. Jack seemed to drunk too care. I'd say out of all seven of us he's the most intoxicated and I'm the least.