14. Blood, Blood, Gallons of the stuff

Alex's p.o.v: (surprise bitch!)

"I'll see you at lunch" placing a small peck to Jack's lips, I involuntary smile as my cheeks burn hot. We've been dating for almost a week now and I'm still not over it, I still can't believe he actually likes me.

"Bye babe, don't be late for your next class, Mrs. Smith will bite your head off if you're late to her class one more time." He laughs. A fucking cute, contagious laugh.

With that he walks away, textbooks in hand.

Rolling my eyes at him I make my way to English, though I stopped halfway through my journey for a pit stop, turning into a near by bathroom.

Quickly doing my business I walk over to the sinks and wash my hands, I mindlessly hum a foo fighters song to myself as I dry off my hand with a paper towel.

That's when I heard it.

The ragged and uneven breaths followed by small sniffles coming from the only occupied stall. I had thought it was just some random stoner skipping class when I first came in, but this person seems far too upset for that to be the case.

"Hello?" I ask quietly.

Silence...

"Are you alright?"

"...Alex?" A familiar voice croaks out.

"Kellin?" I ask back after a few seconds, uncertain if it's actually him.

"Yeah, it's me." He chuckles sadly, his breathing still a little uneven as he talks.

"What's wrong? Are you okay in there? Did someone hurt you? Did you hurt yourself?" I step closer to the stall awaiting an answer, overreacting like an overprotective mom.

"I'm- I'm fine really....I'm-"

"-Not fine" I interrupt.

"I..." The shorter boy trails off, not having a way to defend himself.

Sighing, I lean my head against the door of the stall lightly. "Look Kellin, if you were fine you wouldn't be hiding in the bathroom. I know I haven't known you for that long, but I'm here to listen. I mean fuck man, the second time I had ever talked to you I confessed my love for Jack, so I think we're past being secretive."

He laughs at that, a small sniffle following suit. "I can't tell you!" He exclaims, his breath shaky, muffled sobs filling the bathroom.

"Hey, Kellin it's okay. I'm here for you, what ever it is." I tell him, keeping my voice soft and soothing.

"I'm not ready to tell you, I'm not ready to tell anyone yet...fuck! Alex I'm scared!"

"I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"But what if I tell you and you think differently of me?"

"Unless you did something really bad, I doubt that could ever happen. We're friends Kellin, and friends stick together no matter what."

"But it's not that simple..."

Sighing out loud, I take a seat in front of the occupied stall, leaning the back of my head against the door as I talk to him. "If I tell you a secret about me will you tell me what's wrong?"

It's silent for a moment before he speaks up. "...maybe." He says calmly, his breathing finally evening out.

"Last year I was dating this skinny little blonde haired girl, Jack didn't like her and I didn't understand why until now" I chuckle lightly. "Well anyways, she said that if I wore her underwear all day she would sleep with me later that night. So of course being a horny teenager, I did, I put on her little pink satin underwear...and I liked it...I liked it a lot."