18. True Friends

Kellin's p.o.v:

"Dallon and Brendon broke up because Brendon was getting jealous that Dallon was hanging out with this guy named Ryan more than him, not Ryan Ross though, his last name is- I shit you not...Seaman."

"His last name is Seaman?" I ask Justin slowly.

"Yeah" he grins, nodding and laughing at the kids last name. "Some people at school even call him sperm bank." We both laugh with each other before we catch our breathes and I ask him to continue the story.

"Anyway, what happened with Brendon and Dallon?"

"Oh right!" He nods, getting back on track. "Since Dallon was spending so much time with that Ryan Seaman kid, Brendon decided to make him jealous by hanging out with Ryan Ross, but it backfired because he just ended up breaking up with Dallon to be with Ryan again."

"...wow"

"Yeah" he nods.

"I wish I was over there to see all this drama with you. I miss just hanging out without a screen in the way." I sigh.

"I miss you too Kellin, but you know it's not safe for you here. Sure I miss you, I miss you a lot, but your safety is more important."

"It just sucks J, it sucks so much that I can't see you in person because of some stupid transphobic kids."

Sighing, he nods slowly, biting his lip in defeat. "I know..."

An uncomfortable silence rises, which is odd because it's almost never quiet when me and Justin talk on Skype, but alas, here it is, in all it's awkward glory.

I guess the fact that I'm not good with small talk should have been a good enough reason to let Justin be the one to talk first and break the silence. But of course I'm stubborn and said something stupid.

"...How is everyone?" I ask, my words close to a mumble as I absentmindedly stare at my lap.

"Everyone?" The teen on my lap top screen asks back, repeating my words in a confused tone.

"...you know, Gabe, Jack, Nick, and everyone."

"Kellin-"

"Don't Kellin me." I quickly interrupt. "They were my friends-"

"Yeah were- as in they aren't anymore. And do you know why they aren't anymore? Because they left. They left you when you needed support more than anything else. That's not what friends do Kellin, besides, they haven't asked about you, so why should you ask about them?"

"I just-... I miss them." I add, looking down at my lap in shame and ignoring the pang of hurt in my stomach at the fact that they haven't asked about me. Deep down I always hoped that they still cared about me, and regret leaving me, but I guess not. I guess they really aren't my friends anymore.

"Well you shouldn't." Justin adds quickly.

"...maybe you're right." I nod, though I'm not being completely truthful. I miss them a lot, even after all that happened between us. I can't help it, I have a bad habit of forgiving people too easily.

"Of course I'm right, I always am!" He retorts triumphantly.

"Oh really?" I ask sarcastically, humor evident in my voice.

"Yes really!" He nods, giving me a confused look as to why I would even doubt his claim.

"You thought your parents were replaced by robots and were going to turn you into a robot too!"

"That was a long time ago, okay!"

"It was two years ago!" I laugh loudly.

"How are your friends?" He quickly changes the subject, his face red in embarrassment.

"I'd say pretty good. Jaime and his girlfriend are all lovely dovey and it's kinda annoying when all they do is kiss and use stupid baby voices when they talk to each other, but it's young love, I get it."

"Jamie's porcupine head right?"

"Yeah" I nod, chuckling.

"See I listen!"

"Alright, let me quiz you really quickly then."

"Hit me."

"Okay, who's Tony?"

"Turtle guy?"

"Correct!"

"'Knew it!" Justin nods with a smile.

"Who's Mike?"

"Snap back kid, and Vic's younger- but taller brother."

"Also correct. Talking about Vic-"

"Oh shit! You know what? I have band practice, I have to get to, I totally lost track of time!"

"I thought you quit band three years ago?"

"Ah yeah, I did... I rejoined after you moved because I needed something to do with my free time since you weren't there to hang out with anymore."

"Oh, okay. Have fun J." I smile.

"Bye Kellin." He waves, then the screen goes black and instead of his face all I can see is my reflection on the screen, my eyebrows furrowed as I just stare, stare at my blank screen and think about my friend.

He hated band and said he would never go back to it, now all of a sudden he rejoins? That doesn't sound like the Justin I know.

--------------------

Question of this chapter:

Baths or showers?

OOF I haven't posted in a while because I was going through some shit, I'm not going to get all personal and tell you what happened, but I'm okay now, so don't worry about me.

I'll try to post more when I can...