7. Let's Go To The Mall Today

(A/N Why is Kellin holding a mouse in that picture?)

Kellin's p.o.v:

This first week of school has been pretty interesting, to put it lightly. I expected so many things to happen at this new school, but making friends on the very first day was not one of them, and the first subject of the day of all things.

There's been ups and downs of this school week as predicted, but luckily for me it's been mostly ups.

For example I haven't been misgendered a single time, but to be fair it's only the first week so for all I know that could change quickly.

The downs were mostly stressful things I had to deal with, like having enough guts to use the boys bathroom and locker rooms. I wouldn't dare do that back at my old school, and if I did you bet your ass I got the snot kicked out of me.

No one even bats and eyelash here if I use a strictly male assigned room. I have noticed a few people give me weird looks when I get changed in the bathroom stalls when everyone else is changing freely amongst themselves in the locker room, but other than that everything is fine.

Obviously I don't have that same option as them. If I took my shirt off and people saw me with some weird sports bra looking thing underneath it, a lot of questions would probably be asked.

If I took my pants off it wouldn't be that bad of a situation. I wear boxers not... God I don't want to say it. I don't wear...panties. Ugh, okay there I said it. So if I was walking around in my boxers (which I do a lot at home) nobody would question anything.

I mean it's not like someone's gonna look at my crotch and be like "hey, you don't have a dick!" Not to mention if some guy in the room did, everyone in the boys locker room would know he looks at peoples crotches, and that's not a very good label to have. Nobody wants to be referred to as "that creepy guy that looks at peoples crotches"

Alright let's move on from talking about peoples crotches now.

I have lunch with those four crazy Mexican boy everyday and as cheesy as it sounds, that's my favorite part of the day. It's one of the top things I look forward too everyday, the first being coming home and taking my pants and binder off.

I just can't help it, those guys are just so fun to hang out with. They always have something new to say, always keeping things interesting and entertaining. Even a few arguments here and there, not bad ones though, just little friend arguments over stupid things like if vanilla or chocolate Icecream is better.

It's obviously vanilla.

That was Vic and Jaime's argument. I remember Vic saying "Jaime how can you not like chocolate, it's almost the same color as us?!" Which of course caused me and everyone at the table to crack up.

I also face time Justin every day after school and keep him up to date on things, it was one of the first promises I made when I told him I was moving.

The first rule was his rule, he said that he always had to be my number one boy in my life and that he can't be replaced and vice versa. He always jokes around and tells me to make sure Vic knows that, but of course I haven't actually told him because I know Justin is just joking.

I feel so damn awful for saying it, but I think I like talking to Vic and his friend group more than Justin. Don't get me wrong I love Justin with all my heart and we've been best friends for five years now... but he's just not as interesting as those guys.

I feel so horrible for saying that, but I can feel myself slipping away from him. It's hard to keep a friendship when you're not near each other and both live very different lives.
I don't want Justin to slip away though. He's Justin, J, my best friend in the whole wide world, he's supposed to be with me through thick and thin, but fuck, it's hard to be there for someone without literally being there for someone.