9. Grumpy Pants

Vic's p.o.v:

"Hey Vic! What's u-"

"Ssssshhhhhhhhh" I silence the raven haired boy beside me, wiping my hand down his face in an obnoxious way while I hush him.

"Looks like someone's grumpy"

"Fuck yeah I'm grumpy!" I reach into the open side of my backpack and pull out an unopened monster energy drink, cracking it open and taking a big sip as we head towards my locker.

"My parents specifically made it clear that we're not allowed to have friends over on weekdays, but since mom and dad had to work all night Mike ignored their rules and invited Tony over. The two of them stayed up all night laughing and playing video games really loudly, I barely got any sleep because of those two"

"I'm sorry Vic, that really sucks. How much sleep did you get? Do you know?" Kellin asks timidly.

"Somewhere between three or four hours, I'm not quite sure, but clearly it wasn't enough. I'm a growing boy and I need my sleep! If Mike would actually listen to things I say, then maybe I wouldn't be so grumpy, so blame him!"

"Your brother doesn't listen to things you say?" Kellin asks in astonishment.

Kellin has told me before that he's an only child, not to mention I've been to his house before and he's the only one there when his dad's at work, and the fact that he doesn't have siblings means he doesn't understand just how awful they can be.

Kellin probably thinks that me and Mike are best buds, which yes, I admit we are most of the the time, but there are also times we're at each others throats.

When an only child thinks of a younger sibling they probably think of someone who will listen to you, share their things with you, someone that you get along with.

Yeah, well, all those only children haven't met Mike.

Lucky them!

"Of course not! He never fucking does!" I announce, my hands flying in the air in frustration. "When our parents aren't home, I'm the man of the house, I make the rules, I tell him what he needs to do...yet he treats me like some joke."

"Okay, well explain." Kellin offers with a shrug, genuinely wanting to know. It's nice to have someone really listen to how you feel without it being about something pointless like food or movies. It's a nice change of pace to have someone actually wanting to listen to your feelings.

"Well sometimes my parents both have to work night shifts, so I'm in charge while they're gone. One time they told me to make sure Mike washed the dishes, so I went up to his room and I told him to do them, he ignored me, so I asked again with my voiced raised, he just laughed at me and went back to playing on his phone. He doesn't take me seriously and I don't know why! I just...I just wish I knew why."

"Well why don't you talk to him about it? Sure he might not like you being so up front with him, but you two gotta work this out some time, it will just keep getting worse and you'll just keep getting more and more frustrated if you don't do anything about it, Vic."

"...When did you get so good at giving advice?" I asks with a sly smile.

He simple shrugs. "I don't know" he laughs lightly.

"Well thank you, Kells. You're right! I really should talk to him about this...but maybe after movie night, I don't want things to be tense between us tomorrow if things go bad. It will make everyone else around us uncomfortable and I don't want that."

"Don't forget to hide the Star wars and Harry Potter movies, I'm not ready for world war three in your living room quite yet."

"I smashed those movies months ago, trust me, we're good." I laugh, Kellin joining in a little as well. "I hope you're okay with Jack and Alex coming, I know you don't know a lot about them but they're super funny guys."

"I know more about them then you think..." The other boy retorts cryptically.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask in a confused tone.

"Nothing. I gotta go to class, see you at lunch!"

And with that the other boy rushes away, clutching his backpack straps cutely like he always seems to do. It's something he does often, come to think of it, he always holds the straps like that when he has his backpack on.

I like it.

It's cute... He's cute.

-

Question of this chapter:

What's your favorite colour?

Filler chapter because I haven't posted in a while oops. But hey! This is the first chapter that Vic has called Kellin "Kells" so that's something.