Chapter One

Xavier

Hell.

She looked like hell. But not in the way everyone would think. She was a beautiful chaos and I was in awe of how she made my nerves stand on end. She is chaotic evil and chaotic good at the same time. But she wasn't nuetral at all. She demanded everyone's attention when she walked in the room.

"Are you drooling?" Mark asks, a teasing hint in his voice. I frown, pulling my eyes away from her.

"No, shut up."

He rolls his eyes, slinging an arm around my shoulders, "You have a lot to learn, my friend." He steers us past a group of girls who decided to stop in the middle of the hallway. He winks at them, causing one to blush deeply. "Macaria is off limits, bro."

My heart sinks a little. Does she have a boyfriend? "Why?"

Mark steers me into the cafeteria, beelining for a table in the far corner next to the wide open windows that over looking the landscaping of the front of the school.

"You have much to learn. But the number one rule is that Macaria is off limits. No one is allowed to get close to her, dude. It's crazy," Mark says, throwing himself down into a chair at the round table. I take a seat across from him

"You probably didn't notice, but she never goes anywhere without two or three guys surrounding her." Mark huffs, telling me he has tried to get to her before. "Just give up, dude. She's not worth what I've seen those guys do for her."

Just as he finishes his sentence, I sense her walk in. Without even looking, I know she's in the room by the electric current that seems to run theough the floor. Mark purses his lips, glancing behind me before casting his eyes down to the table. In the short three or so hours I'm known Mark, he's didn't stop talking. Even the buzz of the cafeteria dies down, all of the guys seem to avoid looking anywhere Macaria might be.

"No, dude-" Mark stops to say as I turn around to look at her, unable to resist.

Her curly mess of hair that sits just below her shoulders is strawberry blonde. Her skin is clear with a hint of honey skin under the leather jacket she is wearing. But my view is blocked by another person. This other person is about my height, a little shorter. Judging from the look on his face and the way he's standing with his arms crossed, I've done the wrong thing.

"I suggest you turn back around and keep your eyes down." He growls in warning, pushing up the sleeves of his fitted long sleeve shirt.

"Roman, he's new. Cut him some slack." Macaria lays a hand on his shoulder and he immediately relaxes. Roman turns his black gaze to hers, nods once and ushers her on, shooting me one last death glare.

Macaria however, glances over her shoulder and smiles when she sees that I'm still looking. I barely get the chance to smile back before her body guards form a shield around her and block her from my view entirely.

"You're incredibly stupid." Mark tells me, shaking his head.

"I know."

¥

My hands search in the dark, trying to find a light switch. The walls are rough and almost feel like stone. But everything is pitch black, I can't even see my hand in front of my face. I must wander for hours it feels like before I find anything. My hands run across a small switch and when I turn it on, I'm awake. In my bed, in my room.

But a demon, with gnarled teeth and ripped out eyes hangs over me. Blood drips from it's mouth and when I try to move away from it landing on me, I can't. My body is in lock down, even though I feel more disgusted than scared. The creature raises a boney, decaying hand and with finger outstretched, runs a nail across my jaw and onto my cheek. A searing pain shoots across my face.

"You've been warned." It says is a distorted, deep, haunting voice. Then my vision blurs and suddenly I'm in an extremely cold place, with stone walls that look like the ones I felt earlier.

My mom appears in front of me, bloody and mauled. My body reacts before I do, pulling towards her. Blood pools at her head and her eyes roll back into her head. In my head I'm screaming, but nothing comes out and I can't move. I can't help her.

I sit straight up, wiping my chest where blood dripped on me seconds ago. My hand comes back clean, but the pain in my face remains. I grab my phone and turn on my bed side lamp, turning on my front camera to look at my face.

A long, red scratch runs from the corner of my jaw to just under my eye. My breathing is heavy and laboured. And I have to restrain from bursting into my mother's room to check on her. It was just a dream. A twisted and fucked up dream.

But I can't go back to sleep. Every time I blink, I see that demon looking creature. Even now that I'm fully awake and functional, I can still feel thw cold and the demon's blood dripping on me.

My hands grab the sketchbook laying next to me in bed. Before I fell asleep, I had made a perfect sketch of Macaria, remembering every detail of her face wasn't hard. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. But I barely stop to look at it as I flip to a clean page and start working on the face of that demon.

Fear is the last thing I feel. My chest is filled with confusion and despair. Even grief makes it's appearance, the thought of losing my mom swirling in my head. Especially the way I just saw her die in front of me, without being able to help her.

You've been warned. I scrawl out on the page after finishing a detailed drawing of the demon.

A/N
Don't forget to vote and comment.

What would you do is that demon showed up in your room?