Preface

Xavier

The caverns were pitch black and the air was frigid. My hands wander along the rough, jagged rock walls. Leading me from one cavern to the other. It briefly crossed my mind that I could be walking in circles. It also became clear to me that I'm fighting a losing battle. I'm fighting things much greater than me. Who knew that myths and scary stories could be real, oh so very real.

"Foolish mortal." A voice taunts from above, "There's no saving your worthless soul."

My feet continue to carry me on, through the darkness. I feel alone and hopeless. But no one is ever truly alone in the dark, are they? A hand grabs my wrist pulling me into a crack in the wall. I come face to face with the demon who haunted me for weeks. How I can see him, is beyond me. There's nothing, but darkness around him. It almost looks as if he were photoshopped onto a black background.

He brings a boney finger to his parted lips, taking on his more human form of an elderly man with a long wrinkly face and whispy gray hair.

He motions for me to follow him further into the crack. Without any other options, I do. Macaria once told me never to trust a demon, but in this case there was no other option. Unless I wanted to die.

When I imagined dying, I thought maybe I'd die in my sleep. Or at least that's what anyone would hope for. I didn't imagine I'd be dying at the hands of demons and lost souls. Or supposed ideas in physical form. Death has always been a touchy subject, especially when my father died. It's funny to think that everyone around me is going to die one of these days. That I will die one day. And that day might be today.

But when the Devil's daughter has your heart; expect to literally go through hell and back to save her.

A/N
Don't forget to vote and comment.