Chapter Fifteen

Xavier

Dinner with your girlfriend's father is always intense. But when your girlfriend's father is Lucifer, well good luck.

The grand dining table is filled with lavish food that never runs out. For the hell of it I tested it out by taking as much pasta out of the bowl as I could without being too noticeable, shocked when seconds later it looked as though I hadn't touched it at all. Agmoth joins us sometimes, sitting at the end of the table. He takes on a human like form when he comes to dinner. Whether he does it for me or not, I appreciate not having to see that eyeball hanging out.

Today he walks into the dining room, accompanied by several small children. They all have pitch black eyes with no whites. When they all turn to look at me, I stiffen. They're a sickly white, pale color with thin frames. Agmoth pays them no mind, despite the way they eye his plate.

One of the small children, flinches then appears at my side, tugging at my sleeve. I cast a glance to Macaria, who isn't paying attention.

"Cassius, maggots, be gone." Lucifer speaks up, just as I am about to ask the child What he wants. Cassius, stands on his tiptoes to peer at Lucifer.

He smiles with a set of sharp, pointed teeth before dropping my sleeve. He turns on his heels and follows the 'maggots' out. I stare after him, before turning back to Lucifer.

"Why didn't you invite them to join?" I question, frowning. Lucifer gives me a deadpanned look.

Macaria places a hand on my leg under the table, in warning. But I ignore it. "They were hungry,"

"I don't care." He replies coldly.

My frown deepens as I stare down at my plate that is piled high with pasta I know I won't eat. "But they're just kids."

"They're demons." Lucifer corrects, scoffing at me. Macaria catches my eye, sending me a look asking me to shut up. Her father isn't my biggest fan. I think he only lets me live because I make her happy.

"Agmoth eats." I point out, glance at the end of the table where Agmoth sits, munching away at his plate. Which is also piled high. He looks up and smiles.

"Agmoth does what he wants because he earned it."

"I just don't get it. They're kids-"

Lucifer cuts me off, "Who terrorize other kids. Farah, Cassius's sister, laughs when she torments small children, feeding off their fear. They all cause pain and suffering, and laugh about it. They're demons."

This shuts me up for the rest of the meal. And I listen to the distant screaming that echoes throughout the Underworld. Macaria and her father talk, mostly about school. They give me the impression that they have important things to talk about, but not in front of me. So I excuse myself from dinner, kissing the top of Macaria's head just to spite Lucifer. He hates me even sitting next to her. And today I have a death wish.

Fortunately, he doesn't do anything, but glare as I leave, making my way back through the portal.

In the corridor lined with portals to other parts of Hell, stands one of the children that came with Agmoth. He tilts his head at me, holding out his hand. I stare at it, wondering if he expected me to get him food. Or wants me to take his hand. It's a tense moment, because I didn't bring food nor am I going to take his hand.

"Gifre," Another one of the children from earlier peaks out of a portal nearby. He looks between the two of us and steps out of the portal. He grabs his brother.

"Nice meeting you, Xavier. I am Dai, demon of lust." He waggles his eyebrows, dragging his brother away. They disappear through the portal Dai came through.

Macaria steps out of the portal leading into the dining room seconds after they leave. She's frowning, but when she sees me, she quickly smiles.

"I thought you left?" She walks over to me, grabbing my hand.

"Gifre stopped me." I tell her, lacing our fingers as we walk down to the portal out of here.

"You didn't give him anything did you?" She asks, glancing around. I shake my head, and she nods. "Good, never trust a demon."

The portal out of here kicks us out inside Macaria's room. I expected her room to be dark and dungeon like. Instead it's sleek and modern. She has tall windows from ceiling to floor lining one wall, opening her room up to the forestry scene outside. While the rest is a crisp, cool gray. She plops down on her bed king sized bed, pulling me down with her. We lay side by side in the pale light from the windows. The trees do good at filtering out most of the light.

I turn my head to see Macaria staring at me with a small smile on her face. I don't know what possesses me to grab her face gently and kiss her, but I do it. The second our lips touch it feels as though I can't breathe. I haven't wondered much about how her plump lips would feel against mine. If I had, the answer would be warm and sweet.

She kisses me back, shifting so she straddles my waist. Both of her hand cup my cheeks as our lips move in sync with each other. Our first kiss should have happened in a special way. Somehow. But this is just the way things happened. Whenever I'm close to her, it's like a magnetic pull towards her. Every fiber in my body is always hyper aware of her presence. Maybe it's the angel in her, that keeps me so drawn to her. And the devil in her that puts me on edge around her.

Being with Macaria is like a constant adrenaline rush. Call me a junkie because I don't ever want to lose this feeling.

A/N

I started writing Lucifer and Macaria's mother's story, but I kind of lost motivation, anyone interested in that?

Titled 'He, The Devil'