Chapter Four

Macaria

"Macaria," Dad's voice is low in warning, firm in authority. I bite the inside of my cheek and stare past him into the void that is his background, trying to push the red out of my vision.

"He's dangerous, you saw what the prophecy predicted" He tells me as I see him pace in front of me. His black eyes bore into mine.

"But the prediction said he could also be my savior." I argue, my heart sinking as his face only sets into one of anger. He comes to a halt in front of me, opening his mouth to respond, instead I continue. "You can't just play with his head! No matter who he is! And what have you done to me? I burn him if I touch him?"

I see the anger flare in my father's eyes, "Since when do you question me? I'm doing this for you, we can't afford to take risks, Macaria." His tone is clipped and his voice is cold "I cannot lose another daughter."

"But-"

He cuts me off, his voice raised. I don't even flinch this time, as my rage begins clouding my vision. "No, end of discussion, you are to stay away from that boy and focus school, what I sent you there for."

"You can't control what the Fates have predicted, Dad." I bite, my tone harsh. "Just like you couldn't save Mel."

Then he's gone and I'm back in my room, surrounded by mindless possessions in attempt to keep me pleased. But ever since Dad and I met with the Fates, I've wanted what he can't give me. Him.

Today I finally met him, the one I've been waiting for. It's been almost a year now, that I've been waiting for him. Xavier has become somewhat of a safe place for me. With my pending throne and the ever growing amount of security that my dad demands I have, he's been the light at the end of the tunnel. I thought maybe he might save me from this, from ruling and from the smothering my dad has been doing.

But judging by what he's been thrpugh, and I don't know exactly what, I doubt he'll ever want to see me again. Sighing, I push off my bed, my feet hitting the plush carpet of my bedroom. When I open my door, I fond Roman standing outaide of it, about to knock.

"Dinner is ready, Princessa." He tells me, with a kind smile. I return it and walk behind him as we make out way down to the dining room.

His jet black hair bounces ever so slightly as he jogs down the stairs. I watch the way his muscles more under his fitted shirt as he moves around the dining table, placing forks and knives down on the table. Roman is a beautiful man, with a kind heart and a good mind.

It makes me wonder what he did so wrong to end up in my father's company.

Hunt and Damien don't surprise me. They're both wild, and mean. They have their fair share of looks and use it to their advantage. In their rare moments of free time, they manage to give Zeus a run for his money in the lust department.

Hunt and Damien soon join me at the table, stuffing their faces with plates three times the size of mine. They converse among themselves, as though I'm not there. If I wanted to be in their conversation about who has the nicest ass in school, I would have spoken by now.

Instead I mindlessly scroll through my phone, trying to busy myself. It's kind of pointless, though because since my dad has guarded me like I might die if someone looks at me for too long, I don't have friends. I mostly follow celebrities. My account is bare, mostly except for a few pictures of my sister and I, that I can't bring myself to delete.

Mel was the only person I had in this world that understood my longing for a different life. She wanted all the same things and more. Mel had more passion and drive than I did. Sge radiated energy and made everyone around her smile. She was the queen bee of our school because back then Dad didn't believe in suffocating us with protection.

I'm starting to think I'd have a better experience back home, learning how to rule from Dad. I'm not having any fun here, not anymore at least. Everything here reminds me of Mel and what was taken from me. Not only by her, but by my father and his fear. You'd think that he'd have gotten over it by now. Instead it only gets worse.

I just want to breathe. I want to be able to walk outside without one of the guys following. Or go to a party like a normal teenager. I'd even settle for just having friends outside of these four walls.

I just wish my dad would realize, he may have lost a daughter, but I lost my best friend.