Chapter Twenty Two

Xavier

I wake, floating in warm liquid. It's thicker than water and smells of iron. It takes me a moment to realize that I'm in blood. Despite the low light in the room, I can see perfectly. It also takes a minute to pull my sore body that feels like it's been hit with a bus repeatedly, from the small pool I was in. I stare down at my naked body,  disgusted as blood dripping from my skin. I furrow my brows trying to remember how I got here in the first place.

I wander around the endless hallways of mirrors, looking for a portal with a shower. I come across an empty bedroom, I step in and bee-line for the bathroom. It's a spacious bathroom, with silver finishings, a rain fall shower and spa like tub. I turn the shower on as hot as it goes and hop in.

The heat does little to help the ache in my body, though it relieves some tension in my muscles. It also makes me aware of how hungry I am. It feels as though I havent eaten in days. Depsite the last thing I remember is me eating pizza. Even that memory is blurry, though. After the water run off me clear, I soap up and rinse off, eager to find the dining room, where I'm certain there will be food.

A fresh set of all black clothing sits, neatly on the edge of the sink. As I put them on, I catch sight of myself in the mirror. I look the same, look that the fact rhat my eyes used to be gray and now they're black. I blink, hoping they'll change back, but they don't instead they stay the same. Quickly, I back away from the mirror and leave the room, in search of answers. Or someone to at least ask.

I'm so busy trying to convince myself that I actually did have gray eyes before, that I almost miss the sound of people chattering and cheering in the hallway. Folloqing the sound, it leads me to a brightly lit banquet hall with blood red and black streamers hanging from the ceilings where magnificent paintings exist. When I step into the room, everyone falls quiet.

With a quick glance around, I spot Dai and his siblings im the crowd. Mark waves at me with a grin. And Agmoth tips his head at me. I smile back, waving to them. When I do this, the rest of the creatures and demons burst into cheers. I raise an eyebrow, as they begin pestering me with questions I don't quite hear.

Because my eyes find her in the crowd, standing at the edge of the swarm around me. The others follow my gaze, and begin parting straight down the middle. It's hard to forget her strawberry blonde hair. The same hair I held onto when she died. When she died. But there she is. Walking towards me in a full length black ball gown. The bust was tight and strapless, while the bottom flared out at the waist. She could've have been wearing anything for all I care.

The moment my arms wrap around her, my body is on fire. But not the bad type. It's buzzing with disbelief. She's actually here, alive and breathing. I bury my face in her hair, inhaling her familiar scent of vanilla and roses. She's alive, I'm holding her. My heart swells.

"I missed you." I murmur, tightening my grip around her waist. I'm holding her as if she weighs nothing.

"I can't thank you enough." She replies. I shake my head, pulling away from her to scan her face. She looks the same as she always had. Except now her black eyes have a bluish gray rim around them.

"I'd do it a thousand more times if I had to." I tell her, pulling her to me again. The crowd around us cheers, chanting our names. I chuckle, having forgotten they were there. I set Macaria down on her feet gently.

My humanity is gone, a sacrifice I made for her. To bring her back. When I made the deal there was doubt in my mind. Lucifer could have been tricking me into handing over my soul to him for an eternity of torture in the deepest, darkest pits of the Underworld. He could have been blaming me for her death. But I never once doubted that I was going to do it.

I would have done it for one last chance to talk to her. That's how much I love her. I'm officially a demon, but I don't feel as different as I though I would. There's no darkness swirling around me, I have my memories and I don't have the desire to torture, maul or kill anything or anyone. Except maybe Chaos. Though I am starving.

Other than that, Macaria is alive and I'm alive. So I take that as a win.

"Hey, I'd like to formally introduce you to my mom," Macaria pulls me over to the corner, where Lucifer and her mom are slow dancing. They stop when we get close. "Mom, this is Xavier, Xavier meet my mom."

Emiline gives me a kind smile, sticking a hand out, "Nice to finally meet you properly. I'm Emiline, I hope these two didn't give you too much trouble while I was away." She shoots Lucifer a glare.

I chuckle, "Nothing I couldn't handle. It's nice to meet you."

"I mean, you did nearly check yourself into a mental hospital..." Macaria drawls off, grinning at me. I roll my eyss at her, sighing.

Emiline chuckles, looking between ua. Lucifer holds her to his side. She tilts her head back and grins at him. It's easy to see the love they have for each other in the way they look at one another. Lucifer especially, he looks at her with a fondness you wouldn't expect from him.

"Do they remind you of anyone, Luey?" She asks in a teasing tone.

A/N

The end. This has been a cool journey I guess. Kind of wish this has a little more love because I was so excited for it but that's just how it goes. Those of you who did show love mean the world and thank you ❤