Chupacabra x reader

Not the dog with mange, the alien.

Living with your extended family in Puerto Rico was all in all a very tiring experience for you

Living with your extended family in Puerto Rico was all in all a very tiring experience for you. The only thing that allowed you to escape from the annoyance of family matters was your family's local chile farm. The setting sun lit up the acres of chiles on the farm. Causing an unearthly glow to shine from the ground and bounce off of the chiles.

You felt a chill go up your spine as you soon realised that you were not alone. The once hot plains were now cold and frightening. Turning around you saw something crawling across the fields of chiles. Well, more like limping across the fields. You noticed that something was odd about its hind leg.

You could see a dark red slowly start to blossom on its skin. You were scared, but prepared to help it. Even if it did turn out to be a vicious coyote or something much more sinister.

Running inside you passed your grandparent's room and tiptoed quietly but impatiently going to the medicine cabinet near the expansive adobe kitchen.

Shuffling through medicine and herb bottles you found some antiseptic and bandages. You even found a small tourniquet. With all of the supplies in hand you walked hurriedly outside to the Chile farm.

You couldn't see the creature anywhere, but you could see faint droplets of crimson leading into the thick jungle. You began to shiver even though it was pleasantly cool outside, but you felt determined to help it.

Walking fast while studying the ground you followed the trail of blood until you found a small little alcove of a cave on the outskirts of the forest. The cave was made up of a thick and hollowed out tree trunk. Roots barely concealed the bottom of the cave. You looked inside and heard faint whimpering and the sounds of rustling.

You could see two black eyes glistening like beetles in the dark. Growling was heard and you felt very scared.

"Hey, don't be scared little, um, thing. I'm here to help you." You said trying to be soothing, but you could feel your voice was shaky.

The chupacabra seemed to understand what you were doing. Because he brought his head out of the cave and poked it out of the thick roots to your hand. You gasped as you realised that this creature was something you had never seen before.

It's eyes were wide and disc like, no colors were to be seen in the expansive orbs. It's mouth was curved and seemed to support a curled proboscis like tongue. A frill was prominent on its forehead and it's body seemed to be lined with small white fur.

It cooed and cocked its head slightly at you. Determining that you weren't a threat. You gulped, not wanting to make any moves to scare him.

"I'm, I'm going to have to see your injury. Um, your leg?" You pointed to its back. The chupacabra moved with a pained expression and brought it's injured hind leg to your hand. You tried to steady your breath as you realised that it was just a fairly deep scrape and that no bones were broken.

"Ok, this might sting a little bit." You steadied your hand and began to slowly pour antiseptic on the wound. The chupacabra yowled in pain with a supernatural scream.

"Shh! I'm sorry that I hurt you, but we must continue!" You placed your hand on his irregularly shaped head. Attempting to calm him. It seemed to work as he calmed down and allowed you to continue with your work. Clamping its massive fangs into one of the roots.

You took a deep breath and prepared to bandage his wounds. He winced after every wrap and once you were done you could hear him sigh in relief. You looked into his eyes, his face was still turned to the side. Finally removing his mouth from the tree. The rising moonlight caught his dark eyes and you felt entranced. He suddenly turned to you and licked your cheek lovingly.

"Aww, that's sweet. You're welcome!" You said blushing. The chupacabra exited the cave with a sudden movement. Wary of his injury he moved past you and into the jungles of Puerto Rico.

You couldn't help but feel happy that you saved his leg and that you had the opportunity to help him. You snuck back into the house and into your room. Kicking off your shoes and sliding under the covers of your bed. You fell asleep knowing that he was out there and doing fine.

The next morning you woke up and a small red hibiscus flower was sitting on your window sill. Lovingly placed by the chupacabra.

I hope you all enjoyed this one! Please leave a vote and comment!