Xenomorph x mute!Reader

A little Shape of Water action for the Xenomorph aye?

You were a mechanic on board the Nostromo. You heard of some mishaps in the past with the ship and malfunctioning security so you were assigned to make sure it wouldn't fault the crew and jeopardise their mission. Which you had no idea of.

You knew the Nostromo like the back of your hand. Every nook and cranny of the spacious vessel was second nature to you. When the crew came back from investigating whatever happened to the missing colony you noticed that one of them seemed sickly. Like he could explode at any given moment.

You kept your distance because quite frankly sick people made you feel, well, sick. So you retreated into the innermost workings of the Nostromo and began to tinker with the security systems. You paused when you began to hear screaming and yelling coming from the room with the frail crew member. You figured they didn't need the help of the likes of you so you just stayed in the vents.

However, what you didn't notice was a sly fledgling of an alien life form slithering up behind you in the vents. You were too busy with doing nothing to notice it until it slithered onto your lap.

Your first instinct was to scream bloody murder, but you crammed it back into your throat. It seemed mesmerized by the light coming from your headgear. You were mesmerized by it too. You held out your hand to touch it's forehead. Or what you assumed was his forehead. It was squishy yet firm as if it had armor ready to burst from its smooth shell.

It squealed and cooed gently at your touch and you could feel a small invisible bond spread between the two of you. A smile snuck onto your face as you continued to caress the creature in front of you. It's snake like tail wrapped around your arm in a sort of hug and a final squeeze let you know it was moving on.

You watched as it sped down the vents and throughout the Nostromo. You felt like you probably should tell somebody about it, but you just shrugged and continued to hide from the rest of the crew. Socialize, bah!

After a good set of hours you scrambled down from your hidey-hole and attempted to join the rest of humanity. Your frayed and oily overalls over your crew uniform contrasted wildly with the other crew member's every day wear. You always felt out of place and you didn't mind avoiding others.

However when you noticed that a spare bit of the crew was missing it became more and more clear that something bad was happening. Your footsteps clanged against the metallic floor as you traversed the many twists and turns of the ship. Trying to locate the one member of the crew that you had a connection with, Ripley.

However you were met with something much more sinister.

In the dim electronic lights you saw a tall dark humanoid in the corner of the far room. It was breathing fast breaths and it's pitch black armored skin reflected blue light around the room. You walked as close as you dared and as quietly as you could and waited for it to make the next move. It paused and turned around to see you. It's body lengthened back into its original height from where it was crouching and it stood close to you.

You couldn't help but feel that same bond between the strange small creature and this hulking humanoid thing. You were shaking and turned on your head light as if to remind it. It recoiled slightly, but instantly recognized your calming light. It reached a single clawed hand out and touched your headlamp and let it fall down to gently cup your cheek. It's claws were sharp but you didn't fear getting cut by them.

You walked closer to it until you were almost touching and decided to do something incredibly stupid. You placed your hand onto its chest and felt a heartbeat. The creature stiffened up and looked down at you. Well, you assumed he looked down at you, considering it had no eyes. It felt your face and body trying to get a sort of feel of what you were.

You didn't mind, you couldn't tell him what was going through your mind at the moment so you just let it happen. The first truly intimate experience you had had in a long time. You felt like nobody got to know you due to your muteness. Never being able to tell them in words just how you felt or the anger coursing through you when you were ignored.

You stepped back and signed something to him.

"My name is Y/ N." You tried to communicate, but as the creature cocked its head you could tell he didn't understand.

You huffed and lightly grasped his arm. Then you gestured the sign for arm to him multiple times to see if he could understand sign language. He hesitated before repeating the gesture multiple times as well. Each better than the last.

You smiled and clapped for him in approval and he seemed proud of himself as well. You continued to sign and teach him different things until you could hear yelling and running footsteps coming towards you. The alien growled and grabbed you. Carrying you bridal style into the vents and away from danger.

You finally felt like someone saw you for who you were and not what you were, and you couldn't be happier for it. The following years consisted of you and what you found out to be the Xenomorph living in silence yet compassion with one another in the bowels of the ship and eventually on an abandoned colonist planet.

Oof, this took forever seeing as I haven't seen Alien in forever.