The Answer That Shocked Everyone

"My answer is...yes."

The room filled with silence as everyone stared at the king, their mouths half open in surprise. Indeed, it was the first time Sinbad had ever accepted a proposal.

"Marvellous," Hakuei murmured softly, as a half-smile grew on her face.

Jafar stood frozen in place, he didn't know what emotion to feel. He knew that he should be happy for his king but...he wasn't, he couldn't be. His king, best friend, the one who had saved him and helped him follow the path of good, the one who he'd stuck beside since the age of 10.

"Jafar?" Sinbad's voice snapped Jafar out his thoughts, as he stared at his king.

"S-Sin...are you...sure about this?" He blurted out, locking eyes with the older male.

Sinbad sighed once more before standing up and heading over to Hakuei, the both of them locked eyes as the smile on her lips grew slightly.

"Yes, I'm sure," the purple haired male replied almost instantly, not looking away from his future wife.

"Right! Then it's settled! The wedding will be held in a month from now!" The king declared a sigh of relief in his voice.

"Why wait? Why don't we have it sooner?" Sinbad asked, looking at the king.

The king shrugged. "Well then, I guess it's been decided. The wedding will be held in two weeks from now. Hakuei and I will be off, we'll see you later King Sinbad."

And with that, everyone said their goodbyes before parting. The whole time Jafar had been staring at his king in shock, not able to process what was happening.

"You okay, Jafar? You've been quiet this whole time," Sinbad asked, a worried tone in his voice.

"I'm fine, I'm just lost in all of this...you never accept any proposals before, so why accept the engagement? You're one who didn't want to be tied down to one girl," Jafar blurted out once again, but little did he know he'd regret it.

"Jafar...from this day on I'm going to change my ways, by the end of these two weeks I'm going to be a changed man! I'm through with sleeping with women, it's time for me to grow up, settle down and find a suitable wife," he replied confidently, looking down at the shorter male.

"So this isn't about what Lady Misai said to you a few days ago?"

"No, it isn't. I've put a lot of thought into this decision and...think it'd be best for the Kou Empire and Sindria to unite. Besides, I like the idea of Sindria having a queen as well."

Then they were coming back. Feelings.

"Yeah, I-I think it'd best for Sindria and the co empire," Jafar sighed as he headed towards the doorway.