40: Miracle

Yoongi's POV:

"No! No, no, NO, fuck no!" Namjoon screams as the loud flatline noise fills the room.

I'm shocked into silence, unable to digest what has just happened.

This can't be real, surely? It's just can't...

But it is. Hoseok performs CPR on Jin, trying to get is heart to start, trying to get him to breathe again.

Namjoon stands looking down at Jin, a completely broken man, unable to process the situation.

I have to hold Jimin back, so he doesn't get in the way, wrapping my arms around him, to stop him from getting closer.

"Jin! Please wake up! I want my brother back, please!" He begs and cries, his sobs making his whole body shake.

Tears fall from my own eyes, I've known Jin for so long now, I won't accept that he's gone, I won't. He's one of my closest fucking friends.

My tears drip onto the top of Jimin's head, making his ears twitch, the sight would be cute in any other situation.

Hoseok gets out a defibrillator, barking out commands to the nurses as he charges the paddles up, delivering shock after shock to Jin's heart.

Hoseok and his nurses must have tried for at least ten minutes, before they give up.

He's gone.

The two babies that Jin delivered are out into little cots by the side of the bed to keep them warm, whilst the rest of us all look at Jin's pale, motionless body, in complete disbelief and heart ache.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so fucking sorry... The bleeding I confirm stop it, I couldn't start his heart... there's nothing more I can do. I-" Hoseok breaks in the middle of his sentence, all of us now crying at the loss of someone we loved so much.

Namjoon shrugs Hoseok aside, he takes the hint and leaves the room with his nurses, turning the volume down of the heart monitor so the sound of the flat line is now silent before he leaves.

The door shuts quietly behind them.

Namjoon scoops Jin up in his arms, sitting on the bed and cuddling him in his arms, crying into his black hair.

Heartbroken.

He's just lost the love of his life, and a baby.

A/N: Y'all okay? Just keep reading... Trust me! And yes one baby didn't get delivered.

This happens sometimes in hybrid labour's, it's rare, but it does happen. Sometimes the mother dies from haemorrhaging, especially in births of bigger litters.

It's so rare and yet it happened.

But why Jin? Why fucking JIN!?!

Jimin turns around in my arms, wrapping his arms around me and sobbing into my shoulder.

There's a loud ruckus from outside, that gains my attention. I look behind me to see Taehyung and Jungkook enter the room, smiles on their faces, until they look around the room.

"Sorry we're late, traffic was so bad, have we missed anythi-"

Their eyes fall on Jin and Namjoon.

I easily pinpoint the second that they work out what's happened.

The flat line on the screen by the bed that has now gone silent being a giveaway as to what's happened. That and Jin's lifeless body.

"N-no! This can't be real, right!? He's not- He can't be! Not Jin, no!" Tae sobs, wanting to run over to Jin

"I wish there was a way to bring him back... He didn't deserve this... We all want him back. This isn't fair."

I feel Jimin stiffen in my arms.

He pulls his had away from my shoulder and looks behind him at Jin and Namjoon.

What is he thinking?I

Before I can even process it, Jimin is out of my arms and walking over to Joon and Jin.

He taps Joon on the shoulder and gestures to his brother, I can't believe he allows it, but he let's go of Jin and let's Jimin move him so he's laying down in the blood stained bed once more.

What is he doing?

Jimin places his hands on Jin's chest, pressing them down gently whilst whispering some words to himself.

"Jimin, it's not going to work Hoseok has tried everything." Namjoon murmurs lowly.

I'm about ready to pull Jimin away, I'm sure Namjoon is hurt enough, without whatever this display is.

But then Jimin's hands starts to glow.

We all gasp, none of us having seen anything like it before.

I immediately know what Jimin is doing and make my way over to him to stop him.

If he uses his ability again, he could die, and I will NOT let that happen.

I will not lose another person who I love.

Jimin must hear me approaching him because the next thing he does is shout to Jungkook.

"Kook, hold Yoongi back, don't let him stop me." Kook does exactly as he's asked, restraining me with my arms behind my back.

Fuck I didn't know he was this strong, I struggle in his grip, trying to get out and stop Jimin.

They have no idea what this could do to him, what the dangers and risks are!

The whole of Jin's body now glows white, Jimin still whispering incomprehensible words as he pushes his hands down into Jin's chest.

Jimin leans forward placing a single kiss on Jin's lips, making the glow of Jin's body even brighter, before the impossible happens.

Jin eyes shoot wide open, taking deep gasps of air into his lungs.

"Holy shit..." Is worded aloud by Jungkook.

Namjoon gasps as he collapses onto the bed and pulls Jin into a loving hug.

He's alive, Jin's alive!

Tae runs out of the room, presumably to get Hoseok to check on Jin, to check that he's all okay. Maybe the third baby is alive too?

Jimin smiles widely at Jin, beyond happy to have his brother back.

This is truly a miracle.

Hoseok runs into the room, eyes wide and panting for air; he maybe ran here.

"Holy fuck... How!?"

"It was Jimin, he did this strange glowy thing with his hands and kissed Jin, then all of a sudden, he was alive! I don't know how he did it, it was like magic.

"Jimin?" Hoseok calls.

I look back behind me at Jimin.

No, fuck no!

His nose is bleeding again, this time so much heavier. Blood streams from his ears, and his mouth, before his eyes roll backwards into his head and he collapses backwards.

I dive to catch his body as he collapses, I save him from landing on the floor and protect him with my body.

"Jimin!?" I shake his body, trying to wake him up.

Nothing.

"Hosoek!" I shout in desperation.

There has to be something he can do.

There has to be.

I can't lose him.