Chapter 1

Hi everyone this is my first book ever and I'm quite nervous about vocabulary and spelling and the story line in general! Please stick with me on this and don't be afraid to share your advice or comments about the book.

ENJOY!

.......................

"Amelia!! Hurry up in there we're late as it is!"

I swear if he bangs the bathroom door one more time I will strangle him, it's going to come right of the hinges. He's in so much of a rush for this big New Year bash at my bestfriend Ashley's house. Personally I'm feeling like shit and would rather spend new year in my pyjamas on the sofa watching the bells and fireworks on TV, HAPPY NEW YEAR but no that ain't going to happen.

"I'm coming!! For goodness sake Adam, I feel physical sick and my head feels like thumper from Bambi is stomping on it" I screamed unlocking the door and storming out.

The party is an annual thing that Ash holds every year with at least 150 close friends and random friends/people that appear. It's always a blast with live music, alcohol and dancing but this year im just not feeling me.

"Okay have you got everything babes as I'm hoping to not be coming back into this house till next year" Adam shouts trying to lighten my mood and be funny as per usual as we walk down the stairs.

"Haha your soooo funny...NOT! But yeah I think so" I replied slapping the back of his head and giving him a playful push.

Our taxi was waiting outside to take us to this "ultimate" party. I was in charge of locking up the house as my parents were down in Edinburgh for the bells this year with my younger sister Katrina.

I locked the door and threw the house key somewhere in my bag, linked into Adam as it's cold in Scotland at this time of the year and hurdled into the back of the taxi.

The journey seemed to last forever! Even though her house was literally 15 minutes away. I cuddled into Adams right arm in the back of the taxi as my stomach felt as if it was about to erupt (must have been that take out from earlier). Adam rested his head in the groves between my neck and shoulder... he's too cute.

I must of fell asleep on the way as I was brought back to reality by the sound of Adams voice. "Thanks mate and just keep the change"

"Amelia? Baby you feel asleep" Adam nudged me laughing.

My face went as red as a tomato. "OMG I'm so sorry how embarrising".

He put his arm around me and walked to the door. "It's okay, your really not yourself like, so it's not your fault but let's get our smiles on and party shoes!"

.....................

The house was jumping, literally!! My teeth were clicking together in my mouth, the similar feeling to when your freezing. The house was so warm though and there was so many different smells from every women's perfume, male cologne and the odd sweaty smell (BO). Just kinda of been sick in my mouth there as I said that.

"Amelia, Adam you came!" I recognised that voice straight away. Knowing someone for almost 15 years leaves an affect on ya...

"Ash! We came and you better be grateful cause I feel like death" I mumbled giving her the death stare.

She's stepped back and checked me out before she gave the "I'm your friend I have to be nice" speech. "You look fantastic to be rocking the death look, never seen him wear fuchsia pink and rock glittery wedges before!"

Ashley always has the best words to cheer you up, I'm any situation. I thought I would just try and losing off as this was the last night of 2012 and the last new year I will spend being eighteen:(