chapter 1

Piper's P.O.V

"Gavin!!!" I yelled as soon as I woke up and saw the time.

"Yeah?? You okay?" my 9 year old brother questioned me as he came into my room.

"Gav!! You were supposed to wake me up this morning!" I said and threw a pillow at him.

     It's our parents anniversary and we were going to make them breakfast.

"Ohhhhhh!!! Yeah! I totally forgot!" Gavin said, "Let's go now, they're still sleeping!"

"Alright, let's go!" I loudly whispered.

    Me and Gavin raced down the stairs and he beat me into the kitchen. We made waffles, eggs, sausage, beacon and some strawberries, blueberries, and grapes.

"Gavin be careful, don't drop anything." I said to my brother who was happily bouncing up the stairs.

"Good morning happily married, beautiful parents!" I said as I plopped down onto their bed.

"This is such a lovely morning for such a lovely couple!" Gavin said and went to pull the blinds open.

"Ohhhh, good morning lovely kids." my dad said then rolled over to look at my mom as she just started to open her eyes.

"Good morning wonderful husband and great children." my mom said then leaned up to kiss my dad.

"Wow! You guys made all this stuff for us?" my dad asked us.

"Yes we did! Happy anniversary!" Gavin and I said together. We gave them their food and left them to talk, eat, and enjoy the rest of their morning. I went back into my room and saw one of the puppies sitting on my bed.

"Good morning beautiful" I said as I walked closer to my bed and saw the little butterfly spot on her front left leg which meant it was my puppy Mango. She greeted me with a couple of kisses on my cheek.

'A Scrub is a guy that thinks he's fine, that's also known as a busta' the ringtone for my ex boyfriend, Zak, played from my phone.

"Yes sir?" I answer the phone.

"Good morning beautiful." He sounded like he just woke up.

"What do you want?" I said a little annoyed because he never did this stuff when we were together.

"Damn, I can't just call you?"

"For what?"

"I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about you all night."

"Why?"

"I think we should give us another try."

"Hahahahaha, for what? So you can hurt me again? No thank you" I said and hung up without giving him a chance to explain. I promised myself I was done with his bull shit and I meant it. I played down and didn't even notice that I'd started crying until Mango snuggled up next to me and licked my tears away.