chapter 8

Artist's P.O.V

As soon as In answered it, the girls put their faces in the way so I couldn't see her. They were 21 questioned her and I knew it was about to go all the way down when Kay Kay said "Pause the movie Uncle Auggie, I gotta handle some business."

     "Girls be nice!" I said to them but they weren't listening. The questions were just coming and Piper was having no problem answering and returning the questions to them.

Piper's P.O.V

I called August on Face Time and when he answered I saw three little girls pop up on my screen and they were so cute. They started asking me a whole bunch of questions and I did my best to answer them. They were asking me stuff like,

Where'd you meet Uncle Auggie?

Are you his girlfriend?

Is that your real hair? It's really pretty!

You're really pretty, how old are you?

Do you like my Uncle Auggie?

And many more before August stopped them.

          "Girls let her breathe!" he said pulling his phone away from them.

          "Your nieces are so pretty!" I said laughing

           "Thank you!!!" I heard them say.

           "You're welcome!" I said back to them.

           "I'm glad you like them, they're good girls. Sometimes" he said back to me but smirking at them. I talked to the girls for another 45 minutes until they fell asleep and August took his phone back. 

           "What you up to ma?" August asked me

           "Just laying here,wbu?" I asked playing with Gavin's shirt because I was laying on his lap.

          "cleaning up, Nd aye, who dat?" August asked and I'm sure he's talking about Gavin.

         "My bae!" I said

         "ohh, k then. I see how it is" August said not looking at me.

         "Gavin, say hi to August."

         "Wassup" Gavin said

         "Oh wassup" August said getting his little swag back.

         "That's my brother" I said to August  and his smile was huge!

         "he looks just like you. Nd he seems pretty coo" August said

         "I am" Gavin responded to Augusts' comment.

         "Yeah, maybe we should hang out lil man, how old are you?" August asked and Gavin took the phone from me and replied,

         "I'm nine and are you dating my sister because if you are, we gone need to sit down and talk. Nd I'll probably have to let my dad know but I won't say any bad things about you."

         "Alright coo, thank you. But no, your sister is not my girl girlfriend but I'm going to do my best to please your sister and make sure she's happy so one day I'll be able to come over and meet your parents." August said and I was glad Gavin had my phone because I was blushing like an idiot right now.

         "Why don't you come over tomorrow? Then we can talk and you can meet my parents." Gavin said and I could tell that he liked August already and it would upset him if he said no to his offer.

         "How about you ask your parents and your sister if it's ok and you get back to me and let me know. If they say yes then I would be happy to come. Wait, but your sister is my girlfriend yet. I really wanted her to introduce me as her boyfriend to your parents." August said and I think I heard a bit of sadness in his voice.

          "Well ask her now!" Gavin said smiling down at me and handing me my phone. I took the phone and stopped August before he started.

          "I'm not saying no but I'll make you a deal?" I sorta asked him.

          "Okay?" he questioned me.

          "Tomorrow when you come and meet my parents, if they like you then yes, I'll be your girlfriend but if not, you'll have to prove yourself again." I said to him

           "Bet" was all he said.

           "Okay! Well I'm sleepy and Gav has got to go to bed because he has this volunteering thing tomorrow morning so I'll see you tomorrow?"

           "No doubt ma!" he said.

           "Iight, I'll send you my address in the morning. Good night!" I said as I blew him a kiss through the phone.

           "night ma, see ya tomorrow." he said

           "Good night August!" Eilee said

           "Night sweet thang!" August said back. When he hung up me and Eilee talked until we fell asleep on the couch