Poland (V.H)

A/N: ENGLISH dialogue is bold. FRENCH dialoge is PLAIN. ENGLISH will be bolded.  (I really didn't wanna go through and bold everything)

VIOLET'S POV

July 11th, 1959. 4:55 pm. The Koch Household, Nice, France.

I can't help but freeze when I see him. He looks exactly like I remember, just a few more wrinkles.

Buddy looks at me and smiles comfortingly.

My heart starts to beat out of my chest.

I can't do this. I was wrong. I'm not ready.

I start walking away, Buddy being dragged behind me.

I get around a corner and stop. I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. God, I'm such a wimp. It's just Koch!

Buddy does his best to comfort me, but I barely hear any of it. Just enough to respond to what he says.

I manage to take some deep breaths and my heart slows down.

Buddy and I come back to Koch's house. Everyone is still on the porch. I slowly walk back up.

Koch smiles widely and pulls me into a tight hug. I don't let go of Buddy's hand. I have a death grip on it.

"Oh, my little Violette! You're here after so long!" Koch mumbles into my ear.

"I know, I know," I reply.

Koch finally lets go of me and I take a small step back. I feel like I want to hide behind Buddy.

"You're twenty-two now!" Koch exclaims. "Last I saw you, you were very different."

"I was nine years old, of course I'm different now." I say.

Koch nods. "I supposed you are right, little Violette."

I look at the ground.

"And this is your husband?" Koch looks at Buddy.

I look up and nod slowly. "Yes."

"I worked on my English. Hi, my name is Wilhelm Koch." Koch says proudly. "How are you?"

Buddy grins. "I'm pretty good, how are you?"

"I am also good." Koch turns to me. "I'm sorry that I'm not better in English,"

"It's fine, really. You never really needed to know it until now." I reply.

"Well, it seems like it's about to start raining. Please, come inside." Koch steps aside and motions for us to walk in.

Juliet leads and we all trail behind her.

We get into a beautiful living room. It's so classic, I admire it. It is large with hardwood floors and a very victorian era feel.

Koch follows us in and nods to the couches to sit down on.

Buddy, Vincent, Juliet, and I all cram onto one couch. I'm secretly relieved that we're all so squished, it makes me feel safer. Buddy is at the end, then I'm next to him. Juliet is on the other side of me and then Vincent is on the other side.

Buddy wraps an arm around me. "It's okay, doll." He whispers.

I purse my lips and somehow lean closer to him. Thank god that he's here.

Koch plops down on the couch across from us. "So, I see that you're all still alive."

Juliet giggles. "Yep!"