Just be held

So recently my dad was going through a really tough time emotionally. Being the head of the house he had a lot of stress and he was used to being the one who controls everything, he was used to being in control .

So when life came and gave him a knock that sent him to his knees he had a hard time getting back up .

He made plans how to jump back. He made ideas on how to move on . What to do next . What the next step is from here , when all he should've done in the first place was give it over to God and say ; Lord I give this over to you , do what you want , I'll trust you to work this out for me .

All he had to do was let go and let God take control .

But , he didn't. Not for a while atleast .

It took some more restless nights and tears and failing plans for him to realise he can't control this , he has to hand the reigns over to God .

This experience made me think of the story of Paul . Paul was imprisoned and on a ship on his way to attend trail before Caesar . On his way there they've been in a storm for two weeks ! Everyone was worried , even the guards , that they are going to die . So being man , they started making plans . They started preparing the life boats , tying the ropes etc . They were doing everything in their power to get out of this storm .

And along the way the storm got worse , way worse . They all started preparing themselves for the worst but you know what Paul did ?

He said; there will be no loss of life among you only of the ship

Which is weird right?  They're taking him to a trail that probably is leading  him to his death and he's concerned about them !?

But did you think for one second that those men and the captain was going to listen to a prisoner while their probably on their way to their doom ? Not a chance. 

They didn't even bother. 

They took matters into their own hands and jumped off the ship to what they hoped was safety , which is exactly what  Paul told them not to do because God will save them !

So , going directly against what God promised lead the ship to fall apart and the men who jumped to die  , teaching them that only God could  carry them safely to shore . That they had to let go of their plan and let God hold them .

This powerful story inspired Casting Crowns to write Be held . And if you listen to the lyrics closely it says

Your world's not falling apart it's falling into place . You're not alone , stop holding on and just be held .

That's my favorite verse of the song . My mom played this song to my dad and it made him come to the realisation that he can't always control everything,  sometimes he just has to let go and let God hold him .

My message to you all today is that if you're in the midst of a storm right now know that you can't do this alone , you don't have to do this alone . Give over the reigns and let God hold you . Trust that He will help you through this , it's the best thing you can do .

Even when it looks impossible.  Even when it seems like there's no way out . There is .

It's God .

Thank you for reading . I hope this encouraged and helped someone . My messages are always open towards anyone even if you just need someone to talk to . Have a Blessed day ❤❤