VOTD 1 Jan 2020

Happy new year everyone! May you be blessed abundantly this year and experience God's presence like nothing before ♡♡

Today's verse is 2 Kings 21 : 1 - 9

Here it talks about the evil reign over Judah . And my message today is kind of fitting considering last night was New Years.

It says that often we ( as the young) tend to desire early possession of riches and power though most of the time it can just ruin our future comfort. Like , asking for your birthday money early cause you REALLY need to buy that thing. When in reality that only means you WON'T be receiving any money on your ACTUAL birthday. Kind of a bummer right ?

It says that it is much happier when the young are SHELTERED under the care of their parents and or guardians till AGE ( not until we say so , but age ) gives us EXPERIENCE and DISCRETION . Now this part has nothing to do with money it more so ties into the whole New year thing. You might be upset that you didn't get to stay up and see the fireworks or get to go to that AMAZING New year party because your parents said no. But a lot of the time we should cut them some slack and UNDERSTAND that they KNOW what they're doing and it's all for your own good . I promise.

That's why the Bible says ; Honour thy father and mother. Because they know better than you. They have already gained experiences and discretion. And that's why it's so important to stick around as long as we can. Because one day , we'll thank them. We might not see it now , but one day we'll see why going to that party wasn't a good idea and getting rid of those toxic friends made a difference.

Trust me. And trust your parent's judgment. God works through them to form and mould you into the perfect person for His good.

I love you all ❤❤❤