VOTD 20 Dec 2019

"And all the people of the land rejoiced,  and the city was in quiet."  - 2 Kings 11:20

So when the promise of God couldn't fail see ( Psalm 132:11 , Psalm 132:17 ) it occasioned great  joy in the city. But they fell silient for they were pleased of Athaliah's  dethroning.

The way for people to be joyful and at peace is to FULLY engage in the service of God. For the voice of joy and thanksgiving is in the dwellings of the righteous. In this passage we see the price they had to pay for sin. For Athaliah ( Jezebel's daughter) had influenced her husband to worship baal . Our God is very patient but eventually we don't repent and his patience will run out. God is a forgiving father that's why it's so important to repent of our sins.

We're not perfect not even one of us , we're all human and we make mistakes and fall into sin and that's okay cause we're not perfect like God. But we need to remember to repent and ask forgiveness or you'll end up carrying that burden with you for a very long time. The city of Israel had payed a deep price for the influence Athaliah had and the choices Jehoshaphat made.

I'm not going to make this a whole long story but rather keep it short and to the point.

God loves us very much and he'll forgive us no matter how many times we mess up . But just remember not to take advantage of that and FORGET to repent and ASK for that forgiveness. This also doesn't mean we can all go out and go sin intentionally "because God will forgive us if we just repent "  That's not what I'm saying.

I'm just saying that when we sin,  to remember that God is a living God who WANTS to forgive us. We just have to remember that cause sometimes it's easy to forget...

Much love to you all ❤❤❤