8 - Trouble Comes

Calem just smirked at the two enraged people. He knew the nickname was going to set Ash off; he just didn't know how much and how hard he pushed Ash, however. "You bastard! You killed my best friend! He did nothing to you and he didn't even know about my gang!" Ash shouted at Calem. Anabel was shocked at that news. This crazy guy is willing to kill innocent people just for a gang?! She was horrified.

Ash saw her look and his angry look softened somewhat. Ash calmed down and he looked at Calem again. "Release her. Do as I say and I will let you go with no injuries." Ash promised to Calem.

"Like hell you will." Delia growled, ready to shoot Calem. Ash stared at his mother, who was ready to murder Calem.

"Mom! No!" Ash shouted at Delia. Delia was shocked by this. Ash was always willing to give Calem some lethal wounds! Delia then gazed at Anabel. She sighed at her selfishness. Anabel was innocent in this battle and Calem knocked on the door to Hell because of involving her.

"Fine. He gets to live another day." Delia reluctantly decides to let Calem live for another day, but she didn't like it. He threatened Anabel and that was unforgivable. She glowered at Calem.

"My own mother is willing to kill me." Calem says in a mocking tone, but underneath all that mockery was pure hurt. Calem thought that he deserves Delia's love, but he forgot that Ash is Delia's blood. Calem was adopted because Ash wanted a brother and because Delia always wanted to raise two children.

"You know why." Delia says coldly. Calem gazed at Ash, who had a unreadable expression.

"Ash, damn it, I didn't mean to kill Gary." Calem tells Ash, who lashed out after that.

"Fuck off, Calem! Let Anabel go right now and leave!" Ash roared at the person he once called his brother.

Calem finally let Anabel up and he stood up. He took one look at Ash and he fled. Ash was shocked when Anabel wrapped her arms around his middle, holding him tightly. She's scared. Cutie is scared! Ash thought in horror. He held onto Anabel's waist gently and he looked down at her.

Anabel gazed up at him as they looked in each other's eyes. As they watched each, Ash resisted his urge to kiss Anabel. "Are you alright?" Ash asks her.

"Yes, I am." Anabel answers Ash's question. Ash smiled at Anabel and Anabel smiled back.