18 - Operation: Save the Princess Part 5

When Anabel and Shauna got outside, they saw no one around. This is great! We can escape. However, Anabel spotted Calem and she stopped herself. Shoot! She thought. "Wait." She stopped Shauna from going any further.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Anabel had a grim look on her face.

"Calem's out here." Anabel tells Shauna, who froze in fear. Why? Why is he doing this? She was afraid, deeply afraid. Calem didn't act like this when they were 11. Calem was secretive and quiet. What happened to you, Calem? She thought.

"He was never like this when we were younger." Shauna tells Anabel. Anabel gazed at Shauna in pure shock.

"Really?" She had to know because there was no way that Calem was a nice person.

"Yeah, he was nice. At least until he was abandoned." Shauna tells Anabel. Abandoned? She thought.

"Did you say 'abandoned'?" Anabel asked to make sure that she was hearing Shauna correctly.

"Yes. After his parents left him, he changed, but he wasn't as cruel as he is now." Shauna whimpers as she hugged herself. Anabel was shocked at this information. Maybe he's just bitter. She thought.

"Maybe he's just hurt." Anabel says to herself, however, she knows that her statement is true. She knew someone who acted the same way before. Why he responds me of Lucy? Anabel thought, gazing at her hand that has a small scar that no one can see unless they really look at her hand.

"Maybe he just wanted to feel that parental love that his parents never gave him?" Shauna asked Anabel. Anabel's gaze burned the ground.

"He had a loving family until he tried to murder his brother." Anabel tells Shauna.

"Brother? Calem had a brother?" She asked, shocked.

"Ash and his mother happily adopted Calem, but he was a nutcase." Anabel's words angered Calem, who was creeping up on her. When Shauna's eyes widened when fear, Anabel knew that Calem was behind her.

"You bitch!" Calem shouted before a stab was found.

Blood spurted everywhere and Shauna's shout was heard. "No!"

Sorry for late update, but I'm in college so updates will be slow. I will work on this story however until completion, I promise. I hope you enjoyed the new chapter!