Chapter 6

He seemed lost in his own thought and I was in my own. He didn't even asked me once who was that man from whom he saved my dignity. I didn't know if I was relieved for being him so sensible or offended that he was not even bothered about it. He stopped his car down my apartment and unlocked the car doors.

"Ouch." I hissed as I tried to get down from car, damn my ankle was still not in place...

Before I had to wait for a sec I saw sir getting out from his driving seat and came towards me.

"Jab pehna nehi jata ye sab to kyu pehenti ho??" He scolded me, bending down to see my ankle.

He looked at me once and took my feet on his hand so carefully, as if I was some glass doll. I didn't know if it was the cold wind or his touch..but even my heart shivered at that moment.

"Who was he Aggarwal?? That man in hallway?? Kaun tha wo?" He asked looking at me..

I looked away from him..should I tell him about my past? Should I trust him enough to share it, I know he was a good person even though he never accept it but still..it been only few weeks...

I was totally lost in my web of thoughts when he turned my twisted ankle hard and I let out a cry.

"I have no interest in your sad story Aggarwal. I just asked to distract you.. Now get out of my car and take a leave for tomorrow." He said nonchalantly..

I felt so hurt, so bad. I didn't have any theory any logic to explain it but my heart somehow ached knowing he wasn't actually interested to know.

"Aggarwal, I understand he have to be someone you know..may be you loved otherwise you wouldn't have stopped me from killing him." His voice was rough yet calm.. Like he knew how it felt being on my place.

I stood beside him..feeling absolutely normal on my feet and offered him his jacket. I mouthed a thank you to him and turned to go... But I halt and turned to found him at the same place..

I didn't think much and took few step back and come to him..

"Did you forgot something?" He asked.

"Yes.. I forgot to say that he was my ex husband. And I asked you to leave him not because I loved him or something but because I don't want you in trouble." I said it out...

"Good night sir.." I said before he could say anything and I ran to to my apartment clutching those heels near my chest and trust me I felt much better...

But a question kept hanging over me, how did he know how it felt being at my place.

"When you are coming back Arpita?" I heard him shouted over phone when I reached his cabin next morning.

"I don't know Arpita..it's getting out of my control. I need you here..I need something strong. Please come back or m coming to meet you."

"I cant tell you about it on phone..it's complicated."

He sounded so helpless. Like he was so depended on this girl Arpita, he was so vulnerable and it was the Shekhawat I never knew. It's only until he saw me..and I forgot saw the only Shekhawat whom I met on the first day..angry and mad.

                                #####

"How dare you come in without my permission?? I dare you listen my private conversation Aggarwal." He yelled at me grabbing my elbow hard.

His eyes were burning red but he left my arm immediately once our eyes met and he saw my tears.

"Just go from here Sanyukta..please. And don't come back to my cabin if I don't ask." He said calmly. Like he was trying hard not to snap at me, trying hard not to break down.