Chapter 9

We both stayed silent, like both of us were having some competition to remain silent or might be we both were looking for the words to break the trance. He rolled up his sleeve and that's where I lost my all concentration in the search of words and my eyes stuck at his tattoo peeking out of his sleeve. It has some effect on me..that black blue and red colour on his white skin, it was alluring and distracting.

"I was so angry..." It was him, who broke the silence and I realised he saw the tear up pieces of my note that I was holding.

"Hm?"

"I was so angry with you..no one ever shoved me off for no reason. I was so mad that I tore down your note." He confessed like a kid, and my heart melted in his innocence.

"M sorry, I guess I deserve that." I finally spoke.

"I never saw someone so angry, I was so furious at you but then I realised m angry like that all the time and you too must have a reason." His voice was so calm.

"I was wrong sir..I shouldn't have done that to you."

"Well I do that to you everyday..so we are even." He said finally looking at me.

"No...I was so rude to you."

"You must have a reason Aggarwal." He looked straight in my eyes and I looked down, not knowing what to reply.

I wanted to share my grief, I wanted to tell him what was killing me but was I ready..

"Guess we both have same share of secrets." He chuckled and about to get up when I grab his hand feeling scared to lose him again..

"M not going..stay." He said and came back with a box of food.

"Eat this..I know you're starving." He said sitting beside me again and handed me the box...

I bit my lip hard feeling overwhelmed by this gesture that no one ever made for me and I knew he has all the right to know me, "My sister is getting married tomorrow." I spoke.

"What? Then what are doing here?? Mujhe pehle kyu nehi bola?" He asked me impatiently.

"Coz m not invited there sir.." I spoke trying hard not to broken down.

"What are you talking about?" He seemed totally shocked.

"Mere maa papa nehi chahte ke main wahan aau.. They think m the shame for family. They are ashamed of me."

"But why?"

"Can't you guess. Coz m a damn divorcee. Unhe lagta hai meri galti hai ke meri shadi nehi tik payi. They don't care about me, they don't care about what I feel..." I burst out.

"For them it's okay if he cheated on me for one time, they feel its okay if my husband have an affair outside..they only care about status and the fact that I couldn't even last six month in my marriage." I huffed running out of my breathe and felt his warm hand on my shoulder..

As if I was waiting for his little assistance as if it his one step I was looking for, I turn to him and hugged him so tight and broke down hiding my face in his embrace...

"Shhh... Don't cry." He said caressing my hairs with his palm and I heard his mobile ringing up...

He didn't move a muscle and so did I, I felt my head dizzy and slowly eyes shutting down. He tried to wake me, I heard him calling my name but I couldn't open my eyes. But my heart race faster than bullet when I felt him hugging me back.. Even though my eyes were shut and head was spinning, my conscience was awake and I heard his phone buzzing again.

"What happened Arpi?" He seemed irritated.

"yeah..I asked her about it and yes it's working."

"No..I haven't take it yet...and I don't think so I need it tonight."