Chapter 36

I forgot how to breathe, the hall fell silent as everyone was stunned just like me. My palm was sweating under Randhir's and he looked so furious that he couldn't realise how strongly he was holding me.

"Hello aunty ji." Randhir spoke directly pointing at the elderly woman "Do you know this girl? Who is she? What is her story?" He asked.

That woman shifted uncomfortably and looked at her companion in sheer silence.

"No...you don't know her. You know her name but you don't know who is she. Then who the hell gave you right to judge her character?" He asked in anger.

"Randhir beta..we said only what we heard." An aunty replied.

"And what did you heard? That Sanyukta is a divorcee, that she couldn't survive in her marriage, but do you know that her husband was the one who cheated on her...not she. And just because she is divorced why you guys expect her to be sad and unhappy." Randhir questioned.

"Who move on so fast after divorce?" A voice raised.

"I can." It was me who replied.

"Not that I need to explain to anyone but as an woman I have to say it. A divorce is not end of a woman's life, it's just a part of her life and she has every right to live her life like any other girl." I didn't know from where I got the power but it seemed I needed to say it loud, the humiliation and pent up anger of months were piled up down somewhere and this was the limit.

I could feel Randhir looking at me adoring my face, but I decided not to get distracted by that and resumed, "I had a bad experience and I left it behind me. No one has right to judge my life without knowing me and I hope no one of your daughter has to suffer what I had but if anyone has to go through a divorce, I hope you guys will support what is right before judging her being a pathetic part of this society. When I met this amazing person, I fell in love and proud of it. M not ashamed of anything about my life, m not ashamed to love my life." I took a deep breath and looked at Randhir once I finished.

"And we are done here. Just wanna say aunty ji before pointing at other's life, do take care of your own. You never know when you get taste of your own bitterness." Randhir said and turned to me.

I didn't care what other people were thinking, if they were looking at us or not. Coz finally I had felt stronger than ever, stronger enough to stand against the bigger part of society and it was all because of Randhir. He took a step closer to me and pressed his lips on my head, not caring if were standing among hundreds of people and I heard a clap, shattering down the silence in the house.

It was my di...my Vidushi di.

"Now I know why you love him so much and Sanyu, m so proud of you." She said hugging me tight and I didn't know how a tear drop slipped out of my eyes.

"I will take care of her...I promise." Randhir said to di and held my hand tight and took me out of the world which was not ours.

                                #####

It felt like a century, since I left behind the good girl of Aggarwal's behind me. I was no more her, I was no more Sanyukta Aggarwal who thought life was what her parents planned for her, I was no more her who thought everything that is said has to be done. I wasn't she. I couldn't help but crooked a smile remembering how I was build in orthodox way, how I use to believe sex should only happen when you are labelled as married. But now...I had no ties bounding me, I knew only one relationship, one bond and just on tie of heart..and that was love.

I was still orthodoxy I guess but now I would believe in love, more than some rituals and some signed papers. I didn't need Randhir to tie mangalsutra around my neck to make me his, my soul was devoted to him and I know I was married to him in real sense the moment I gave him my everything.