Chapter 8

All my anger vanished in air the moment we walked out of the hotel and landed on the street. Whoa..it was so beautiful. Those high street lights..huge malls and the footpaths so wide and clean, I was totally mesmerized. I totally gawked at the beautiful surrounding and my eyes stuck at the one man who was staring at me. He was not scowling or his face didn't seemed like he was irritated by me. He was just awkward, and I couldn't guess why.

"You know all these streets?" I asked him.

"Yup.."

"How many times you have been here?"

"I lost count.." Again reply was short

"Aur kaha gaye ho aap?" I asked again trying to make a conversation.

"USA, U.K. many countries." He replied not seemed interested in discussing anything with me.

I looked away from him and cursed myself for even trying to make him comfortable. But seriously I found him more real self when he argue with me, talk to me and not zoned out by himself.

"Is it your foreign trip?" It was him asking me.

"Yup.. All thanks to you sir."

"You seemed to love it, then why didn't you go anywhere before?" He asked, we were walking side by side on the streets and I loved how he was again being talkative.

"Coz my parents thought it would be better if I get married in 22 than going on a foreign country." I chuckled at looking down.

He face was void of any emotion and he didn't made any comment but the silence between felt unbearable for me this time.

"But I went to Shimla once and Nainital too." I said to him.

"I have never been there." He said grabbing my arm as we crossed the road.

"Yeah why not.. Ghar ki murgi daal barabar jo hai." I remarked rolling my eyes at him.

"Ghar ki murgi? Matlab?"

"It's a saying which means jo hamare paas hota hai hum uski value nhi karte." I explained.

"Oh it's nothing like that..and who the hell said such nonsense, mugi ghar ki ho ya bahar ho its depend on chef." He said as matter of fact.

"Sir it's just a saying..."

"It's a absurd saying." He concluded.

"Okay metal note..I wont say a saying in front of you ever." I growled saying.

And he dragged me inside a cute restaurant saying it was his favourite. The food was awesome and surprisingly my boss was not being jerk but a gentleman. There was many times I felt he was trying to say me something but he was nervous. We reached our suit and I was about to reach my door..when I heard him.

"Aggarwal"

"Yes sir.."

"See..I know you are my cousin's sister in law and also my unofficial secretary, but I thought we can be something else too." He said nervously and my breathe hitched at throat seeing this hunk of a man nervous lime this, but was he going to propose me or something coz I wasn't ready yet.

"Hm?"

"Can we be friends with each other?" He sounded like the guy in primary school asking his crush to go out and I didn't know if it was a dream or he was really a bi-polar but my heart melted in his words.

"If you ask me that with a smile, may be we can..." I said smiling brightly and I witnessed his lips curved in a perfect smile.. For the first time.