Chapter 22

I finally reached my apartment next morning, Randhir had just dropped me off and asked me to get ready by 6. It was going to be a big night for us, obviously it would be a great deal to many to know that The Randhir Singh Shekhawat was dating just an ordinary girl, who was his secretary and not to forget a divorcee too. I pushed the bitter thought off my head and tried to concentrate on the fact that it going to make Randhir happy and that's what all I needed. Other than that all I had to worry about to look good with him..which was nearly impossible. I could never accept the fact that I was beautiful. He was hand made creation of god while I was just a girl who had nose, eyes, ears and lips in the right places in right size.

I opened the sari and found the blouse with it was a halter neck designed. One such I never wore before. I wondered if Randhir actually know about it or not, coz the possessive Randhir I knew would lose his mind if I show off so much of skin.

I was busy thinking about what to do with it when my phone buzzed and it was my new found best friend, Rahul.

"Hey bae, why are you not in office?" He asked without saying a hello.

"My boss gave me a day off to get beauty sleep." I replied.

"Good..that's awesome. Get ready in hour we are going somewhere." He said.

"No..I can't go today Rahul."

"It's important. Doctor I mentioned you earlier, he is going to be in mumbai for an hour for some work. He asked us to meet him on the passport office, as he was going to be there for some work." he explained.

"What?? Why in the passport office? We can meet nearby places. It's gonna be long ride. N you know the traffic."

"He has some issue with his passport so he had to come immediately to mumbai. After that he will go back to his place. If you don't want to meet him today then it might take another few moths..he is very busy you know." he said.

"Oh no.."

"I know"

"Rahul..I need to be here anyhow before 5."

"Sure queen. Just get ready fast..I will pick you up in an hour." He said and cut the call.

I clutched the phone near to my chest and sighed. I was going to know what Arpita was doing with Randhir's head. I was going to find out another secret that Randhir wasn't aware off. And even though I was happy to finally get the doctor's appointment I was equally afraid of the secrets we were hiding from each other.

#####

Every second was torture. Every second I waited under that car in that traffic was pure torture. Sun was shining right above head and thanks to the weather it wasn't helping me at all. But who am I kidding, the outer torture was nothing in comparison to what I was feeling inside. That guilt of lying to someone I love, that self loath I was carrying inside me was way more suffocating than the traffic jam in mumbai on summer.

"Hey, you okay? You're looking like going to pass out." Rahul joked offering me water bottle.

"Shut up and do something to reach there fast Rahul. Randhir will eat me alive if I get late tonight.." I panicked.

"Really? Since when he became zombie? Well don't worry if he is zombie than m a hunter..phew you'll be safe with me." He choose a bad time to crack a joke.

"Aarrrgghh...it's not time for joke Rahul, m serious. And god know what will this doc gonna say." I sighed in frustration.

"Nothing bad gonna happen.. M sure. And we are only few miles away. M sure you will be ready as model by 6. Trust me." He assured...