Chapter 31

Riya was looking so beautiful, she was beaming with joy and unlike other brides she was not shy to flaunt it. Her blush was evidence of her inner glow, and everyone in the family was happy with her happiness. I couldn't help but remember how awkward it was for me, the day I got engaged to Rathod..how afraid I was at that moment that I only would paste a smile when someone said there was a camera. I sighed and wondered how it felt like an era, a totally different life.. remembering old moments.

Everyone clapped as both Riya and her fiancé exchanged rings and I notice how he murmured something into her ear and Riya blushed in crimson hue. It felt like deja vu of me and Randhir, in our happy times and I wondered if there would be such a day in our future when we will be the one exchanging the rings.

"Excuse me." I heard a voice behind me as I walked towards my room.

"Yes." I replied turning around.

"If you don't mind can you get me so advil, I can't find the first aid box and my mom is complaining a headache." A young man with a charming smile requested.

"Yeah sure...where is your mom?" I asked.

"She is upstairs..resting." He said.

"Okay..let me get the medicine." I said and walked inside the room.

Once I came back, the boy was gone.. feeling confused I decided to find out his mom myself and went upstairs. Every room was filled with giggling cousins, loud aunties and there I spotted a room with closed door.

"Excuse me..." I said to the laying figure, facing the wall opposite me.

"Yes.." And she turn around...

I felt confused, on one hand I want to run away from that place at superman speed and on the other, there was a tiny curiosity to know her better... After all she was Renuka Shekhawat.

                                 #####

She looked shocked too, for a moment but the very next second her eyes filled with warmth and lips curled into a smile.

"Please come in beta." She said.

"M sorry aunty but your son asked me to get you some medicine." I said hesitatingly walking inside her room.

"Oh thank god, please sit down...it's so kind of you dear but rohan didn't have to bother you." She said sitting up and took the medicine I offered.

Oh, that guy was Randhir's brother... It felt so bitter realising how Randhir never even mentioned his siblings and this woman she was too sweet to hated by anyone.

There was something surely I was missing in the puzzle.

"It's okay...it was not at all a problem." I replied smiling.

"Please sit here beta...and tell me who are You and where you was hiding? I don't remember seeing in our family parties." She asked sweetly.

"M Sanyukta, Vidushi is my elder sister." I replied.

"Oh wao..I never knew Vidushi has such a beautiful of sister." She complimented me and I blushed.

"M Renuka Shekhawat, Parth and Riya are my niece and nephew. That guy you met was my son Rohan and I also have a daughter Kaustuki." She said herself.

"That's sounds like happy family aunty... One boy n one girl." I purposely stretched over "one boy" part.

She didn't answered but looked away, and sighed before replying., "Happiness is a big word sanyukta, it's more than just a state of mind, I guess m just content knowing that my children are grown up and finding their own ground coz this aging bones have no more strength to find out what actually happiness means."