Rosie

• Dedicated to Everyone who reads the Author Notes at the end... HINT HINT

Rose's POV

"Hey, Rose."

I jerked my head up from my notebook, startled by the sudden voice and nearly smacking my head on the tree trunk I was leaning up against. Jason stood next to me; it seemed to me like he had teleported. I hadn't noticed him until he talked.

"Oh, it's just you. Hey, Jason." I smiled.

"Whatcha' writing?" He asked, peering over my shoulder and at my notebook.

I slammed it shut. "None of your buisiness, spaceman." I said, the smile still on my face.

"Aw, come on, Rosie." He said, sitting down next to me.

I shoved him, making him fall over into the grass. "Don't call me Rosie, spaceman."

"Okay, Rosie." He grinned, pushing himself back up.

"I hate you."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Rosie." He laughed a little. (A/N: When did Jason become so friggen smooth?)

I rolled my eyes at him, and opened my notebook again, continuing to scribble in it.

"Seriously, Rosie, what's got you so wrapped up in your notebook?"

I sighed, looking over at him. "You're not gonna' give up any time soon, are you?"

"Let me think about it." He turned to the side, tapping his finger on his chin. "No." He smiled, turning back to me.

I shook my head in mock annoyance, and reluctantly turned my notebook towards him, showing him the sketch I had been working on.

It was my group of friends: Darkclaw, A, Oheo, Mr. Crafter, Naes (A/N: A new friend of mine I added in after the chapter 'Campfires' was released) and I. We had taken the picture a little bit ago, after Naes had joined our group of friends. The original photograph was taped to the adjoining page in the notebook, but I was drawing it out. We were all making crazy faces.

"Holy Notch, Rosie. That's good." Jason said, making me blush a little bit. I wasn't used to compliments, I didn't normally share what was in the pages of my note book with anyone but myself.

"Nah, it's not that great..." I said. "Impy's stuff is way better." Impy was kind of the artist of the group.

"Rosie, this is good. No lie." Jason smiled at me.

"Well, thanks, spaceman." I returned his smile, pulling my notebook back and shutting it. I leaned back, letting the birch tree hold my weight.

"Hey, Jason, have you ever played the cloud game?" I inquired, pointing up at the sky.

"No, not really. When I was living in space there weren't many clouds, and I guess I never played it afterwards." He said, laughing a little after the 'there weren't many clouds' bit.

"Here. It's kind of fun." I said. I pointed at a cloud. "That one looks like... an anvil."

"So... we're looking for shapes in the clouds?" Jason questioned, and I nodded.

"Yeah. You try." I answer.

He looked up at the sky, and after a moment, pointed. "There. I see... a door!"

"A door to an alternate universe?" I asked, grinning. I liked doing that with this game, turning simple cloud shapes into awesome story plots.

Jason laughed. "Yeah! It's a door to an alternate universe where...not everything is blocky. There are no mobs, but there are billions of more people, all much closer together. The world isn't infinite, and everything has to be traded for! With something green!"